OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 21

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love that... and sadly it 's all too true. The writers are hardly setting him up as leadng man material. Maybe there's just too little chemistry between Joey and Aubrey, but I can't see anything that would make me root for them as a couple or understand why Joey (other than because the writers wanted it) would rush into a relationship with Aubrey. Neither actor has sold this storyline and it's just making Joey look like a real tool.

I thought John was truly tender with Kelly, today (tender for John that is). The 'wrong man/wrong woman' hook up is pretty much how couples are being established in daytime any more. For some characters it works and for others, like Blair, it's a disaster. It's hard to say where this one will go. It would be nice if the writers put John in a relationship with someone with spunk, like Kelly, instead of the needy and draining types like Blair, Natalie, Marty, etc.

• Members

I actually thought he and Blair worked well together when they first started. They were fun yet had a few emotional times.

Kelly's spunkiness is a surface for endless insecurity, and all women who are with John drown in insecurity.

Their weird-looking kisses and the way he was so insistent on getting her into bed (even though it seems like they are writing her as the one to blame) put me off.

• Members

my god they are REALLY laying it on thick with this Tess and Ford stuff.

The scenes with the Manning girls and Ford boys was beyond painful

I would have been more interested in the Todd/Tea drama had this SAME exact scenario not played out between he and Blair a few years ago

Love the Tomas/Tea twist. Didnt see it coming but love it. Is Ted King hispanic at all in real life? This is the third role in a row he's played that is of latin descent

+1. Only took a damn year for it to happen

• Members

OMG, I loved Kelly throwing the pie in Joey's face! Well deserved. And DAMMIT, I like John and Kelly. DAMN YOU, ONE LIFE.

I found Starr very entertaining today. I'm glad she called Dani out on her selfish behavior and didn't stand by her blindly because she's her sister. I found Starrjam cute today, too, though the flashbacks are more than unnecessary.

LMAO at Tess and Ford. I love how she always takes him down a few pegs. And wow, I wasn't expecting Jessica to come flashing through already!

• Members

Seriously, please show me an instant when her client's guilt stopped Téa from representing them with every trick in the book?

Did you watch her rip old BFF Rachel to shreds on the stand to make her case for Matthew's surgery? In 1997, Téa defended Todd knowing he was guilty as sin of blowing up a man and that was before she fell in love with him. She knew Cole was guilty as sin of cold-blooded murder of Eli and attempted murder of Todd, and yet she crawled out of a sick bed to argue this repeat violent offender's release. She wasn't the one all morally offended at idea that Todd murdered Eddie Ford either. It was Blair who pretended moral outrage, conveniently forgetting she's an attempted murderess herself.

While it's true when it comes to protecting Todd, Téa goes into over-drive, it's also true very successful killer sharks do go after victims on the stand like that. RC didn't whitewash what Téa did, either. She was slapped, harassed and hated for ripping Marty to shreds on the stand. Even Todd was furious at her. She took everyone's abuse and won the case just like killer sharks do.

I don't find Téa wasted with Todd at all myself. They are two passionate, control freaks who don't pretend to be any moral centers of Llanview.

• Members

I watched my hands of this Tess/Ford story when Jessica couldn't even emerge for 2 seconds when she heard her baby crying. RC should have written Jessica going to Ryder, showing her truly torn and then Natalie's appearance kicking Tess back into control. Instead, he trashed any last vestige of Jessica's soul and I am FFing this awful crap with Ford.

Ted speaks fluent Spanish which is why I find myself wanting to smack him every time he says parajito vs using the correct femimine parajita. The close captioning is correct, he's the one screwing up the pronunciation... sorry just nitpicking as I'm Spanish.

• Members

My biggest beef is that Blair lives in denial of who she really is and whitewashes all her own crimes. Blair keeps skating on her crimes without a day in jail so she gets to keep up this pretense of being a good woman, a moral woman, and the best mother in town.

Let's face it, Blair's had few moments of real honesty in the last 3 years. The first came on the boat when Ross ripped to shreds her good mom facade and got her to admit the truth, she gets so consumed by need for revenge she doesn't care or see she's hurting her kids. She finally confessed to Téa the truth about T&B's toxic relationship, they've spent decades using their kids as weapons against each other... and that had to stop. Then most recent moment of truth was admitting she hasn't been really, bone deep happy with Todd since before Ireland. She's living in the past that can never be again and that's partly why Todd always winds up disappointing her... and why she gets so bitter when he does, she loves the fairy tale not the reality of who he really is.

As for Téa being Todd's biggest enabler? Téa really only takes exception to Todd hurting his kids, which is why the DBL lie bothered her far more than the rapemance. She foiled the kidnapping in 2002 and risked Todd's wrath b/c the DBL proved he was not fit then to have sole custody. She refused to help him steal custody again in 2009. And she's taken Starr's side repeatedly against Todd when it comes to Cole. Now she's not screaming it's immoral to assault Nate as much as if you do, we may lose Dani forever.

• Members

It's always either this or pure ice with GT's Kelly.

I don't see a point in her and she will be dumped along the roadside by John soon enough (as they all are), but I guess "fun" Kelly is better.

TeamEric, did Tea have any qualms when learning what Todd did to Starr and her baby? I can't remember...

With all the ugly things Kelly has done to people she has no right to pass judgment on anyone, ever.

I really hate what they do to Joey, again and again and again. It isn't worth it.

• Members

Kelly has hurt a lot of people over the years all while being the innocent. It's one of the few things she seems to be good at (other than abandoning/killing children).

Joey is an idiot and it is pathetic, so he is, but it's for a very cheap purpose, which is to make people pity Kelly or root for her in pairings they could not drum up interest in on their own. The more they do it the more I resent it.

• Members

Please soap opera gods, let this be the end of the mess known as "Jolie"! This should be the final nail in the rinsed, reused, recycled

over and over again couple, that in my opinion, is wrong on all levels!

And, yes, I like John and Kelly and if OLTL is smart they will continue to explore this budding relationship. They have been top-notch

in their scenes together, i.e., last week (and before when they shared them). It's time for something new, something better, something

more appropriate for John.

Archived