Y&R: Casting call for new role

• Members

The Search is on For New Y&R Role

Y&R is looking for a big-name Caucasian or Latino actor in the mid 30s to late 40s range to play a rough-and-tough but sexy (of course) cowboy, who hails from a rural ranch out West. "A strong but silent, salt of the earth type, he is a smart guy who chooses to live a simple life working with his hands," reads the character description that has been circulating. This will be a contract role set to begin in early March.

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lemme guess....Skye didn't die, and Victor is holding her hostage at his home in Colorado. "Cowboy" is the Western version of Koa. Soon we'll be subjected to phone calls starting with "A cowboy, a priest and a dentist walk into a saloon..."

• Members

The or Latino part made me chuckle. For some reason I could see Y&R totally trying to cast Lou Diamond Phillips for this role. Y&R's past Hispanic characters have always been able cross ethnic lines (John Silva, the Gutierrez's, Isabella etc) but of course that may do more with the hispanics are white.

Who are we kidding though, another no name star in a pointless role on an already extremely cluttered canvas. Y&R has been decimated that's for sure. Still holding out for Neil/Leslie.

• Members

I cannot see what you posted, juniorz, but I sure hope it was a picture of A Martinez! That's who I thought of instantly when I read the casting call.

Honestly, this new character is likely not needed. Not unless they plan on killing off a whole lot of really ruined and unpalatable characters on this show! Then, by all means, let's bring a couple of newbies on.

And the idea of Stafford sharing her love of country music in a SL involving a "cowboy" makes me :rolleyes:

Archived