Y&R: Lily and Blake, a new couple?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

His short romance with her was more believable than the ones he had with Chloe and Victoria. The only down side of that would be he would no longer be a quasi Newman. Maybe then he wouldn't be "deballed" anymore.

Plus I'd love it if Billy left Victoria for Lily. Then J.T. can laugh at Victoria's "Billy Forever" tattoo.

• Members

I actually agree with this, even though CK is the laziest actress I have ever seen and BM's acting ticks rival The Stafford's for sheer smugness.

There was a small scene way back when Billy and Lily were corresponding by e-mail, not knowing who the other was. Lily talked about being gun-shy after her marriage and the relationship with cane fell apart, and BM obliquely mentioned the "married cousins" thing in an actually sincere and heartfelt way. Of course, an added benefit of this is being able to FF two characters I hate at the same time.

And the FauxToria/Billy romance is the most contrived, fake, agenda-propping, appallingly-written piece of [!@#$%^&*] I have ever witnessed on ANY soap (barring GH -- Nikolas & Emily come to mind). I would kill for JT to return for ONE scene where he gets to point and laugh at CrackToria's tats and the fact that he STILL has Reed as a result of her boozy shenanigans with Billy.

• Members

They spent a fair amount of time setting up this story with Billy and Lily and then it was very abruptly dropped. I wonder if they decided that since Chompers was their big stud, that they needed to move him into the big leagues. Which meant one big flop after another, the latest being the ridiculous travails of Bacteria, which seem to generate a shrug in spite of a lot of soap press shilling.

Billy Miller's inability to work with scene partners and general lack of chemistry with leading ladies might pay off with CK, because you don't need any of that with her. Just sappy, stupid stuff, as she plays the tragic heroine all on her own.

• Members

Just playing devil's advocate, the faked death thing didn't become a soap cliche until after Bill Bell pretty much stopped writing. During his heyday, he kept apace with the cliches of the day (e.g., who's the daddy storylines; whodunnits; siblings fighting over the same man or woman). For that matter, they all did, including Agnes. I love them and can wax nostalgic about them and their writing as much as the next person, but let's face it...they had their bag of tricks. The difference is that now these cliches are relentless and are used over and over and over again. JMO.

Archived