B&B: Actor OUT

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Taylor's kids have tended to be the Felicia and Thorne's of the younger generation whereas Brooke's kids were more on Ridge's level. Sure they had occasional stories, but they never quite got the focus or attention that Bridget and Ridge got. Thomas was wasted for years and only now seems to be more lined up to be a major player since the recast. Steffy became that last year. Bridget and Rick were pretty much major players when they were teens and the remained so for years

• Members

I guess I hadn't seen Bridget or Rick as major players in recent years. Justin Torkilsden sort of hung on for about 3-5 years without a lot to do, then Lowder only had story for about a year or a year and a half. Most of Bridget's stories haven't been about her since Finnegan left.

I think bad casting got in the way for Taylor's kids more than anything else, along with bad writing. They pushed the Constantine stuff, they have tried to push Steffy as some vixen, DTB's Thomas got some stuff every once in a while, with Amber and Gabriela and Caitlin (or was that Rick?), then later when he went psycho.

• Members

Rick was a major player up until they ended his rivaly with Ridge in late 2009 and Bridge was well up until she recently was put on recurring.

There was nothing wrong with the casting of the kids. I didnt care for the girl who played Phoebe but DTB was good as Thomas and JW is great as Steffy. And really them as actors got in the way? This coming from the show where their onscreen father, Ronn Moss (one of the worst actors in daytime) remains lead for nearly 25 consistent years?

• Members

Moss got away with it because for a while he had charm and he had chemistry with his co-stars, something I've never seen in DTB or Jacqueline Wood.

I don't remember Rick always having story until 2009, I thought the show basically gave up on Rick for a number of years before they recast with Lowder, but I might be wrong.

• Members

YOUR ASSS IS MINE! :lol:

Shame. I enjoyed his hatred of Ridge.

B&B missed a trick by not having Steffy's soppy romance with Rick actually turn out to be fakery as she worked to entrap him and make him pay for Phoebe's death. The fact that he was only shtupping her to stick it to Ridge was an additional, sick, slightly homoerotic layer to the whole thing. The fallout could have set up a lifelong hatred and rivalry between a Forrester and Logan-Forrester for the future -- and we could have had another two diva bitches-in-training out to get each other.

I sort of feel bad for Lowder. He can't really return to Days as Brady Black now that Eric Martsolf is so entrenched and popular in the role.

• Members

My instincts say, you shouldn't. Lowder probably made a nice sum on B&B during his 4 years (with two on frontbruner status), he would never have made on DAYS...

What broke Lowder's/Rick necks is that they paired with BOTH daughters AND the mother within 9 months!? This was just too much and as you said, Cat, Brad should have gone the fakery route in the end to make all this somehow plausible.

• Members

I always found it hard to buy him as Bridget's older brother bc he is younger than Ashley Jones. Their scenes always bothered me bc Rick looked younger than her. It didnt help that they kept sticking him with the barely legal girls, while she was pushed with near 50 Nick

• Members

Rick isnt out. He's been put on recurring basis, which on B&B means, we currently dont have enough money to pay you. They rotate characters in and out of recurring and contract basis frequently on the show. Assuming he doesnt get another job elsewhere, he'll most likeley eventually be put back on when they need him

from SID

Archived