All: One soaps budget cut by 50% according to DC

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Days didn't do that exactly. They dumped Jack, Jennifer quit, all the Lockharts, Tek, Austin and Carrie, Nicole, and then Billie, Shawn and Belle, the 90210 guy, Steve and Kayla and finally Marlena, John and Tony. But they kept Bo, Hope, and Sami and none of those three can be too cheap.

GH has to keep somebody people associate with the show. They should fire two of the four you mention I think, and retool around the other two surrounded by cheap newbies.

• Members

At this point I'd like all four to go but I guess I can see cases for most of them staying...except Jason. He is the biggest roadblock on the show and everything is about how awesome he is and how he suffers. Any actual storylines which feature him are halting at best. Since they seem to be continuing what they started when Michael woke up and are grooming him as the new Jason, they should just write Jason out. I still think they should have some story where he suddenly snaps and goes on a rampage, and Michael has to kill him. He can also burn down the Quartermaine mansion, which would cause Edward and Monica to leave town. Tracy would stay, and I would have her steal Carly's hotel from her and run the place herself.

Guest dc cubs

Alfonso, Reckell and Sweeney all took pay cuts when Days budget was slashed 40%. That is also when Days started paying much closer attention to the episode guarantees of PR and KA. Previously, it wasn't an issue if they went over guarantees as they got paid the extra money. However, now Days can't afford that and its why PR was sent on a 6 week hiatus last Spring.

• Members

They certainly did. In fact, everyone at the show took a pay cut. Every. Single. Actor. Including Sweeney. DAYS dropped all the dead weight, shifted the tone and focus of the show dramatically (Suzanne Rogers, for instance, became a major player) and the production model evolved, the DAYS set is dark many weeks out of the year, holidays are long and rehearsal time is nil.

That being said, as a DAYS viewer, I'm happy. The show, even when it's dull, is enjoyable.

Archived