Live with Regis and Kelly

Jonathan

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As sickening as KL could be, I was always disappointed when Joy would be on because the energy seemed to drop. I think I'd definitely appreciate her more now though. Oh Lawd, do y'all remember when KL was about to leave and she was cutting that pop album [which they used to sell at the check out counter in CVS ph34r.png] and she'd randomly start singing bits that she'd recorded the day before? EVERY. TIME. she mentioned that album she'd say, "You know, I said, 'Why should Tina Turner be the only menopausal woman out there to do a pop album?'" So much wrong with that hypothetical question. I did feel bad for her though when she went on The View several months later and they asked her how she'd been doing since leaving Live! She said really well actually even though people didn't think so since she was out of the spotlight, and "People say, 'Well, her album didn't do well', but.." My heart hurt a little when she said that because I remember how pressed she was for that album.

• Members

She stayed on that show too long. I think she also assumed the public liked her a lot more than they actually did. I felt a little sorry for her, as she vanished for years after her post-Live flops, but the image of her last years was of a very brittle woman who went from blathering on about her kids to bitterly ranting about tabloid coverage. Those mornings were so awkward.

• Members

I forget what he said, something smart but ultimately harmless, but she really got irked with Gelman one morning, it was awkward. One morning I will never forget was when she was fat and pregnant with Cassidy and she couldn't make it into the studio and they taped her via satellite from her home up in Greenwich, CT. There was Kathy Lee chilling in flowery, flowy maternity wear with her two Bichons, Chablis and Chardonnay, in her sprawling backyard on a gorgeous day. I thought, "It's good to be Kathy Lee."

• Members

it was justice. All those years of her making a buck off her perfect family and singing christmas tunes in August, and then her beloved Frank cheating on her, she turned out to be running sweatshops in Honduras, and Kathie Lee Epstein went up in flames. It did make the show interesting but I don't think at the time anyone in America felt sorry for her. I used to love the Howard Stern/Kathie Lee war.

• Members

On a sad note, Chardonnay was killed by a coyota. Just now am i making the connection between her dogs' names and her infamous fondness for white wine. The Giffords also adopted a shelter dog who was first showcased on Live! that they named Regis.

*coyote tongue.png "I love what you do for me, Coyota!"

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Can Gelman please stop bringing Howie Mandel on as Kelly's co-host? God he's annoying and talks WAY too much! Always interrupting Kelly and rambling on and on and ON. I really hope he's not the new permanent co-host.

Also, the new set looks fantastic. This show must have a really big budget.They have been on quite a few week long trips/tapings already this year. Hawaii, Canada, what's next?

• Members

When are they going to name a permanent co-host or are they? I'm tired of the revolving co-host format. There are several guest co-hosts that I couldn't stand watching daily so I hope they're not seriously in the running for the permanent job.

Archived