Live with Regis and Kelly

Jonathan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think MB is overrated, but besides that, I didn't really care for him when he co-hosted with Kelly. He seemed kind of smug. He also seemed really tired to be getting up that early and like maybe he had had a couple the night before. :lol:

• Members

He's always like that. Every time he's on a talent show someone asks if he's drunk. I don't know if he is or if he's trying the Dean Martin persona. I do like his music, and enjoy his personality, but I think he's way too much of a self-parody - you can't get away with that unless you're much older. I watched his special on NBC a few weeks ago and he was pure Nick the Lounge Singer (I did like his duet with Oscar the Grouch).

• Members

-has a buzz about him right now

-war hero

-DWTS champion which means greater tie-ins every new season

-about to be a dad which is morning chat show material

-can swap AMC stories with Kelli

-overall charming, unaffected personality

• Members

I've never been a fan. Her humor seems forced to me. But I do agree that the co-host needs to be someone who has a broadcasting background.

The permanent co-host needs to be someone who runs in a different circle than Kelly. That's why I don't think NPH would work, because they're friends and they hang out. I liked how Regis had his life, Kelly had hers, and they came together for 20 minutes a day to discuss.

• Members

Seems too risky to make Mark her co-host. They're marriage seems strong, but what if they were to divorce? It would be detrimental to the show. That's why I don't think Joy was ever a serious contender to replace Kathie Lee. Mark is good as a fill-in.

• Members

So far the only co-hosts I've liked were Neil Patrick Harris and (surprisingly) Taye Diggs. Groban bored me, Seinfeld and Jerry O'Connell were awkward and hammy, the Jonas kid and Jonah Hill were horrid, and I just can't stand Michael Bubble. I also agree with DaytimeFan about Bryant Gumbel being to polarizing.

Archived