NYC - Antenna TV - New Channel 11.4

applcin

• Members

Cool...I just found out we got a new digital subchannel in NY this month, called Antenna TV. Seems to be what TV Land used to be. Monkees, Maude, Partridge Family, Benny Hill... Me happy camper. ;) On non-cable tv, it's channel 11.4. On Time Warner, it's channel 166.

http://www.c21media.net/news/detail.asp?area=1&article=58840

This one talks about the schedule:

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2010/10/antenna-tv-launch-schedule-starting.html

Oooh, just found their website...you can see where it's available:

http://www.antennatv.tv/

Right now they have no plans to purchase shows from any distributor other than Sony/Columbia and DL Taffner.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

applcin, flip around on your digital box and see if you have THIS and RTV too, more classic programming. THIS is cool because they play like every random TV movie you remember and forgot. :lol: I don't know how old you are, but if you grew up in the '80s also check out the network Qubo. Every night they do Qubo Night Owl and show He-Man, She-Ra, Bravestar, and Ghostbusters (Filmation, not The "Real" Ghostbusters). IMO, these channels are bringing back the vibe of the UHF channels when I was a kid, what's now CW/MyNetwork (and even FOX for that matter). I love all the retro programming.

• Members

LOL...I also just found out we have THIS TV on 11.3 in NYC. Another classic tv and movies station. Just when I thought these kinds of channels were dying out...

http://nyc.thistv.com/

I'll take All In the Family in any shape or form over any sitcom on tv today. And Sony/Columbia's library is HUGE.

Edited: SFK, I just found thistv right before I saw your post. And ya know...I have a digital converter still in the box. I use a DVR/VCR that has a digital tuner for my bedroom tv--I wanted to make sure I had a setup where I could record multiple shows on different channels with the machine changing the channels, just like VCRs did.

Actually, I grew up in the 70s. I love this stuff. I can't seem to find RTV, though. I see a NYC schedule for it but I just reset my stations and it's not there. :(

• Members

I get Antenna, This, and Retro on cable, and I love them. The only frustrating thing is that Comcast is sh!t, and so these three particular channels, and NONE of the others, frequently black out and sometimes the colors run. Seeing Maude's orange 70's kitchen in black and white just isn't the same.

But I do love these channels. I've been getting my Hazel/Partridge Family/Three's Company/Maude on ever since last week. I never thought I'd be faced with the dilemma of having to pick between Maude and Adam-12 ever again. Or, on Sundays, Too Close for Comfort versus The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew.

Sony's library is indeed ginormous. Looking down their list, I'd love it if they had some kind of two or three hour block for shorter-lived shows. Come on, we all need a little David Cassidy: Man Under Cover in our lives, don't we?

• Members

OMG, Too Close for Comfort too?? Lord, me and my brother used to make fun of Monroe so much ("Well I'm still a virgin! ... Fi-Fi-Ficus!"). I have to go on their websites, print out full schedules, and bust out the highlighter. :lol:

• Members

I don't have Qubo, but I've had THIS and RTV for a couple of years. I sometimes have had technical difficulties with both of those channels. And some of the series they have they repeat too often. I also wish RTV would show more of the black and white episode of Dragnet. The color Dragnets are interesting at times if only to play "Guess the Soap Star"... When I first got these channels I watched them all the time, but once I saw most of the episodes, I stopped watching. It is too bad as I like old shows, but I like variety also.

Archived