AMC: Friday, January 7, 2011

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Had it been Britanny Allen's Marisas than yea, now but this new girl seems to be alot more confident with her self. The writing HAS shifted since the recast. Even you pointed it out when you said they are writing Annie differently toprop Marissa and JR. This Marissa isnt portrayed like the jealous mess that BA's take on the character is. If she found out about JR and Annie, no I dont believe she would flip out the way the character did 2 months ago. That doesnt seem to be what they want for her now going forward

Again, thats how they were portraying the old Marissa. This Marissa hasnt been all about using AJ as a weapon for payback. It wouldnt fit with ehr character anyway, considering JR got the upperhand a while ago and all she could do was sit around and wait for him to make a move.

Do I have to explain? Annie has been a neoruitc, jealous mess bc JR keeps blowing her off, keeping her in hiding, forcing her to live a lie and treating her like the cheap mistress. Thats driving her crazy. Annie is not happy with JR. She wants to be but he's making her more miserable instead. The tug of war for AJ is over. They signed joint custody and the battle is over. What else needs to be done now? Does he come forward about Annie when AJ is 18 and custody is no longer an issue? Theonly thing left now is to just be honest and deal with the fallout bc its gonig to happen eventually. JR is only making things worse for Annie, delaying it

• Members

Why is it that characters/actors that I don't really like finally BRING IT to the point where I'm digging the character/actor... but just as they are filming their last scenes ever? Damon was on FIRE today, and Finn Whatever was GOOD.

Loved Erica/Liza... so much love for that little rivalry.

• Members

Had it been Britanny Allen, nothings changed, Sarah G. is louder and snaps her neck that's all. Annie is written as a women who is doing something she never has. She's in love and doesn't want to lose another guy. This Marissa is portrayed hiding her jealous. The difference w/ this Marissa shown is she believes JR and Annie are over. Nothing has changed there. She catches them making out or Annie on top of JR she snaps into unreasonable/irrational/bitter Marissa.

How does changing the actress change the writing, it's the same. :lol: This Marissa has been using AJ as a weapon. She still you are missing it.

JR: I have zero interest in her

Marissa: Then if that's true maybe you should let her go from Chandler

JR: She does good work

Marissa: So good she's indespenseable?

JR: Marissa I don't see any reason to fire her

JR: Do you trust me?

Marissa: I'm trying...

WTF does that have to do w/ anything? is it her business? again it's about her not wanting Annie around him, you keep on missing that. :lol: He reveals him and Annie before she signs they are going to court, JR knows that's how she is. She's jealous of Annie, nothing has changed.

Yes she's not happy w/ that, JR isn't happy w/ that either but selfishly he wants her. The tug of war w/ AJ isn't over. What part of that don't you get? Marissa believes Annie and JR fizzled out, that's why she is being reasonable, the minute she suspects JR and Annie are still doing what they are doing the truce is over.

See you are way too emotional w/ this, is it JR's fault his ex. wife/current is using AJ?? No it isn't. That bitter bitch is using it as leverage in his life. Nothing has changed, she saw the holidays w/ no Annie making out in her spot in that house, that's all that changed, that's why she went to Scott and was all "I believe JR is good again" JR isn't making the fallout worse, it's not his fault he has to go this length. This started w/ Marissa and it will bite everybody in the end.

• Members

AMC has rocked this week: funny, campy, contemporary...but Friday's episode was horrible, mostly because Kate Simon Hall's dialog sucked weanie...wow was the dialog bad. If Hall wrote a better script, she should post her original on facebook to prove she didn't write that crap. Some of the quips and asides were idiotic. And Jordi isn't pulling off the Dr. McDreamy thing. He needs to be a thug with a heart of gold, that's the part he knows how to play. He has no chemistry at all with Kendall....other than he seems like a caring little brother. He had a bit of chemistry with Greenlee and Madison (although Tammy/Madison can't act either). They need to kill off Madison and move Griff in another direction. Kendall needs a tall, young Jackson type after Zach. Not this boytoy...

• Members

...? I'm sure the #1 reason why a soap recasts someone is because they want to "take the character into a different direction." That means they're going to change the way they're writing the character, and they feel the current player wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Come on, this is Soap Opera 101.

And JR's hair looks like ass.

• Members
Yes recasting can and has changed writing for characters. Recasting to take the character in a another direction. Thats what they tend to say and soaps have been doing it for decades. Again, you yourself mentioned the change in writing for this story but arent acknowledging it, I guess bc it doesnt strengthen your current point.

And exactly how does this equate to Marissa using AJ as a weapon?

Correct me if Im wrong, but did JR and Marissa, not sign papers for joint custody? That would mean that the tug of war is over.

Now Im emotinoal? This coming from the JR/Annie fanatic who gets all worked up bc I have something contrary to say about the couple and the character of JR?

EXACTLY! As I mentioned, soaps have been doing this for decades. Its nothing new and basic Soap 101, as you said. How many times have we seen characters start acting differently once recasted. There are too many examples to list

• Members

I think I may be one of the few that actually likes JR's hair fine just the way it is. I dont see anything bad about it at all. It looks good. With all the hate you guys are giving it, remember it has looked worse. He could still look like this

C692.jpg

JB449.jpg

• Members

No I'm acknowledging Marissa is given more attitude, the situation of her being spiteful hasn't changed. That's why people aren't buying this Marissa. That's why they think she was recasted not on her acting strength but just b/c she's a prettier face. Nothing has changed in the S/L

How does it not? her basis is JR minus Annie = good dad, JR plus Annie = bad father.

You need to be corrected, they didn't, she gave him the papers, they haven't signed a thing.

Yes I am a fan of JR/Annie.. just like you were w/ Scott/Annie and defended everything I called Scott out on, from hypocrite, to spiteful, to a rat and bad actor. I like JR and Annie is there something against that? and I've called JR out for some things before, not recently b/c I don't see what underhanded thing that he doesn't need to do that he is doing to someone. If anything he's going soft on this chick.

P.S. I get worked up? I hear everyone saying JR is treating Annie like crap, and this and that..I haven't said much, I let it be said then I add my 2 cents. You know I haven't heard much pro JR talk here, it's ok to be contrary, I won't diss people much on that, but hearing Marissa as some freaking saint in this, I'm sorry I do take that personal when I know what she's been all about. Which it has been and still is using AJ to hurt JR b/c he can't get away from part of the reason her marriage to JR crumbled. And when a character does that, I go medieval cold on them. Just like I did w/ Caleb.

• Members

He looks like the guy from ATWT who they also used to say looked like Brad Pitt. JY's had a history of some crazy hair, just like his onscreen mama. Do you remember his B&B/GH days with those gravity defying 'dos? When your hair is nine inches long it should NOT be gelled straight up.

• Members

He's had worse. But I actually like the Bieber cut on him, JR is a Chandler, they are showing him transitioning from immature, rich daddy's boy, snot nose, ungrateful punk, to powerful, quick learning, priviledged, silver spoon, self-entitled, selfish, arrogant S.O.B. button pushing, punk.

He will never escape the comparisons to Brad Pitt, it's always been w/ him.

http://storage.people.com/jpgs/20011126/20011126-750-98.jpg

Archived