OLTL: Character SORASed

• Members

Carmen LoPorto is out as Jack Manning via Soaps.com

"Thank you for all your support over the past 3-1/2 years as Jack. I got a call this week that they SORAS'ed Jack and I am no longer a member of the Manning Family. It's been fun and an experience that I will never forget. Thank You All Again. Here's to bigger and better things to come in 2011."

I'm super bummed! I LOVED Carmen.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Never a big favorite of mine, but many seemed to get a kick out of his version of Jack, and he did have his moments. I wonder what this is about. Are they finally going to make him older than Dani?

I have no idea what the adult son of Todd would do in a story. Please tell me they aren't going to have Todd and Jack fight over a woman.

Maybe they should have a Jack/Marty storyline.

• Members

Shucks. Are they reliable, or just Hoovering up scoops and rumors from elsewhere a la Soaptown USA? Because I can't find this anywhere else.

I'd like more confirmation but if it's for real I do think it's a shame. They should leave the character's age as is - the actor is like 13 and they have Destiny, Matthew, Dani and Darren in HS, so it's not like they'll be able to age the character up all that much anyway.

• Members

The Jack/Todd relationship was turned into nothing more than sick Todd propping anyway, as all of Todd's relationships with his children turn out to be, but I do wonder what will happen now that he's aged.

They had a story in 2008 about rape making you a good guy. Then they had a story in 2009 to remind us there are good rapists and bad rapists. In 2010 Ford became a hero after raping Jessica. I guess they need to age Jack to keep the tradition going.

• Members

RC and FV spoke recently about planning the next generation with Jack and Shane in school together. Shane also has a story coming. I really don't see them aging Jack up much beyond Austin Williams, unless he too is being recast.

Archived