SOD Best and Worst of 1994

• Members

If you want any information on why they chose what they did, I will write it up.

Most Entertaining Couple - Buzz/Nadine, GL

"" Boring "" - John/Sharlene, AW

Best Tearjerker - BJ's Death, GH

Best Plot Device - Eric's Vasectomy, B&B

Most Preposterous Plot - Janet's plastic surgery, AMC

Most Convoluted Plot - Search for Scott, ATWT

Best Wacko - Laura, DAYS

Best Reformation - Todd, OLTL

Best Triangle - Bo/Billie/Gina, DAYS

Worst '' - Cal/Connor/Kirk, ATWT

Best Breakup - Jill/John, Y&R

Worst '' - Kat/David, GL

Best Trend - May/December Romances

Worst '' - Convenient Disabilities

Best Blind Person - Hope, Y&R

Worst '' - Tony, DAYS

Most Realistic Illness - Monica's breast cancer, GH

Best Special Effect - Tornado, AMC

Best Reconciliation - Jake/Paulina, AW

Best Prime-Time Breakup - Kelly/Dylan, 90210

Most Shocking Twist, Daytime - Powell's the rapist, OLTL

'', Primetime - Kimberly's alive, Melrose

Most Long-Awaited Love Scene - Carrie/Austin, DAYS

Most Romantic Love Scene - Bo/Nora, OLTL

Best New Character - Noah, AMC

Best Recast - Tina (Krista Tesreau), OLTL

Worst New Male Character - Justus, GH

'' Female Character - Gabriella, GL

Best Golden Oldies - Nancy and Mac, ATWT

Most Realistic Teen - Pete, ATWT

Best Male Comeback - Wesley Addy, Loving

Best Female '' - Hunter Tylo, B&B

Most Dramatic Story - Jack and Keemo, Y&R

Least '' - Lily/Miguel, GH

Best Quadrangle - "Eddie"/Lois/Ned/Katherine, GH

Worst '' - Alex/Ava/Jeremy/Gilbert, Loving

Best Bickering - Dinner at Wildwind, AMC

Most Contrived Conflict - Max's gambling, OLTL

Smartest Character - Kevin, GH

Dumbest '' - Buck, Loving

Best Wedding - Asa/Alex, OLTL

Most Disappointing '' - Edmund/Maria, AMC

Best Wife - Eleni, GL

Worst Husband - Michael, Melrose

Best Father - Ed, GL

Worst Mother - Nikki, Y&R

Best Housekeeper - Mamie, Y&R

Worst '' - Donna and Ginger, GL

Best Confession - Samantha comes clean, ATWT

Worst Crush - Marty loves Andrew, OLTL

Most Realistic Couple - Casey/Ally, Loving

Least '' - Ashley/Blade, Y&R

Best Daughter - Erica, AMC

Worst '' - Sami, DAYS

Best Scam - Vicky's baby switch, AW

Best Scam Gone Wrong - David's lies, OLTL

Most Rejuvenated Characters - Spauldings, GL

Biggest Waste of Talent - Michael Sabatino, B&B

Most Entertaining Character - Lucy, GH

Most Ruined Character - Danny, Y&R

Best Movie Ripoff - Felicia's Misery, AW

Best Gimmick - Salute to Hollywood fashion show, B&B

Best Mystery - Who Shot Roger? GL

Most Improved Show - Loving

Best Show - GH

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Heh, no surprise there. I mean they were going to have sex on the night of the Titan party in 1993 but Carrie ended up being splashed in the face with acid and then broke up with Austin for an entire year. And since I missed a lot of episodes due to school (had no VCR at the time) every time I tuned in it seemed like Carrie and Austin were finally back together only for the scene to be revealed as a dream.

And then when they finally did get back together and were going to consumate at the ski lodge, Austin gets called away by Jennifer to drive her up to Laura's mental hospital (which was on fire) and Carrie almost got raped by Alan.

I tuned out of Days after that and didn't watch again until Marlena got possessed so I missed Carrie and Austin's first time and when I did watch the show again I always felt it was always kinda weird when Carrie and Austin had a love scene in the later years.

• Members

SOD was being kind to Krista Tesreau. Krista is a good actress, as she proved on GL when she effortlessly returned in 2002 and in 2009, but she is also a very stylized actress. She is not Tina. And Malone, I honestly do not believe he ever got Tina -- even when Witter was in the role, there is some stuff in there which I do not believe Tina would do (like way too much of the wacky supernatural stuff, or having sex on a dirty warehouse floor). Tessreau seemed very awkward in the role and in scenes with Robin Strasser, and to a lesser degree, Erika Slezak, she was eaten alive. Not long after SOD wrote this, OLTL started slowly, and somewhat painfully, transitioning Tina to what amounted to little more than a bit part.

• Members

Most Boring Couple - John/Sharlene, AW

Were they EVER! I found them boring from jump though. Actually, while I LOVED David Forsyth as Hogan McCleary on SFT, he never really clicked for me on AW. On the other hand, I liked Anna Holbrook's Sharlene very much. I remember tuning back in for her return (as Kate) in 1993. IIRC, 94 was a rough year for AW.

Most Preposterous Plot - Janet's plastic surgery, AMC

But Robin Mattson sold the HELL out of it. I absolutely LOVED her as Janet, especially in the early years. Somehow, she always made you sympathize with Janet, a feat that Kate Collins never really accomplished IMO.

Best Wacko - Laura, DAYS

More like Most Annoying Wacko. I detested Jamie Lyn Bauer's wailing and whining and carrying on and constant sweating. After all that build up for Laura's return, JLB was a HUGE fail.

Best Triangle - Bo/Billie/Gina, DAYS

Agreed. It was pretty evenly matched until Reckell returned. I actually thought Robert Kelker-Kelly had chemistry with both ladies, probably moreso with Rinna, and was hands down a better actor than Peter Reckell ever was. Bo had a brain with RKK in the role, which he immediately lost when Reckell began playing the part again.

Worst Blind Person - Tony, DAYS

Yes he was annoying, but the Blind Tony storyline was beyond hilarious. I remember during the Salem blackout, John & Kristen were literally having sex on the floor of the DiMansion when Tony walked in with his cane and sunglasses. A shirtless John was in the room getting dressed while Tony had a conversation with Kristen! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best Special Effect - Tornado, AMC

Not only were the special effects spectacular, but it propelled tons of story. AMC was SO good in 1994. Julia's scarred face is probably my favorite "beautiful woman gets a scar" storylines I ever had to sit through. And this is coming from someone who doesn't think Sydney Penny is beautiful, nor a good actress.

Most Long-Awaited Love Scene - Carrie/Austin, DAYS

OMG! We had to wait FOREVER for that to happen. It was worth it though. Muldoon was a hunk & had lots of chemistry with Christie Clark. Whereas Peck, IMO, always had more chemistry with Sweeney, but very little with Christie.

Best Recast - Tina (Krista Tesreau), OLTL

Who are they kidding? Tesreau was TERRIBLE as Tina. It didn't help that I LOVED Karen Witter in the part. The only thing Tesreau had going for her was her chemistry with Tuc Watkins, but, really, who doesn't have chemistry with Watkins? In SOD's defense, we didn't know that then. But, just, no. Tesreau sucked as Tina.

Most Dramatic Story - Jack and Keemo, Y&R

Most dramatic? More like coma-inducing. -_-

Most Contrived Conflict - Max's gambling, OLTL

I LOVED that storyline, largely in part because I always hated Luna & got some perverse pleasure from her pain. And Max & Blair's chemistry was red hot- that poker/sex scene- WOWZAS! Doubt that would fly today.

Best Scam - Vicky's baby switch, AW

Carl, will you write this one up please? I stopped watching AW for a while in 94 (switched to OLTL) and I have no idea what this storyline is/was.

Least Realistic Couple - Ashley/Blade, Y&R

Amen. No way would the luminous Brenda Epperson's Ashley have fallen for that dud. They should have put her with Brad- it was such a wasted opportunity. While Diamont has had chemistry with pretty much every actress he's ever been paired with, he never sizzled with them in quite the same way he did Epperson. They were the hotness.

Biggest Waste of Talent - Michael Sabatino, B&B

Double Amen. Anthony Armando was one of the worst, most forgettable characters ever to grace B&B. Even putting him in story with Sally Spectra didn't help- in fact, the always colorful Darlene Conley only seemed to make him more dull in comparison.

• Members

Yeah, a mess. I wish Jensen Buchanan had stayed gone. I couldn't BELIEVE that AW moved heaven & earth to keep her when she left (I believe later than '94). I would have loved to have seen what a different actress could have done with Vicky and Marley.

• Members

I don't think she was worth what AW supposedly did to keep her, either. I thought Jensen was really pretty, but she was my least favorite Vicky/Marley.

Cynthia Watros replaced Jensen for a couple of weeks (I think it was in 1998) and I thought she was awesome in the role.

• Members

I would have loved Ellen back as both. I get what you are saying about Marley but it wasn't always that way, just that Vicky was so played out by then. There were so many layers of Marley left unexplored.

Archived