Days: Movie actress to join the show

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope she's annoyingly nosy and all up in Sami's business. I hope they plan her up like one of them older ladies who have no lives but to watch what goes on around the people they live with, all while gossiping and throwing their 2 cents where it doesnt belong

• Members

It sounds like a guest spot to me, or a recurring guest thing like Adrienne Barbeau has on GH.

So what did she say about the union?

I really like Frances Fisher -- I don't understand why she didn't get the NCIS role that Lauren Holly got, especially since Lauren Holly seems to have turned into a less talented Frances Fisher.

I'm glad that Frances is willing to come back to soaps. From what I saw of her on EON she was great. She was also asked to replace Ann Gilespie as Siobhan on Ryan's Hope, but said no. I didn't care that much for her GL role though.

For whatever reason I remember her most from that Lucy/Desi TV movie she did with Maurice Benard.

• Members

You know that this comment that a named actor is taking soap work for the money will set off hysteria from the usual suspects. LOL!

Given the shaky state of Hollywood's current economy, unfortunate the answer is "yes." It is a hard knock life.

• Members

WHAT??? Man, I'd love to know why she said no. (Do you know the reason(s), Carl?) She would have been awesome as Siobhan.

This news is fantastic, if a bit out of proverbial left field. I've always believed Frances Fisher was a talented actress. Her intelligence shines through whatever character she's portraying at the moment. Let's hope DAYS does not eff-up this one.

• Members

I'm not sure -- I think she had not been off of EON that long so she might not have wanted another regular role on a soap (wasn't Suzette Saxton always just short term?). Of course I'm not even totally sure it's true, but someone here said it, I think, and I can see it being right, as Marg Helgenberger is similar to Frances and Frances had just played a tough but vulnerable cop on EON.

Archived