Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What did you think of the story where Nikki began faking her terminal illness?

Do you think that it hurt the Traci character when Beth left for a year or two around this time (87) or did she need the break?

• Members

Also What did everyone think of Nikki (almost) Marrying Jim? Did Katherine have any say on that pairing, or did they not have Katherine involved in much of Nikki's life during that time? I know by the time she was gonna marry him, Jack pursued Nikki and she married him instead, even though Jack only did that to get back at Victor (although he fell in love with her later).

Did Brenda as Jill ever get to have scenes with Quinn (Rex) I ask this because i have seen those clips where David comes in telling Jill they have found a man for Katherine, and then they repeat that scene the next day with Jess as Jill, but I think Jess was only temping that day. So yeah, any Quinn/Brenda scenes?

Edited by yr9190

• Members

Some of MTS best work & she really should've won an Emmy for it.

Especially since she got to do everything lying (to Victor), scheming (with Jack & Casey), buying her own casket, facing her own mortality. It was a lot of fun.

It was fine. Bill loved Beth personally but he struggled with Traci after she & Brad were married.

He really liked the character but he was very hesitant to compromise her integrity.

Plus Bill was lucky in that Don had chemistry with EVERYONE especially his other leading ladies (Eileen, Tracey, Nina, Brenda) as much as he did with Beth which actually worked for both characters.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

Are there any clips out there of Phillip dying and Jill from that time? I'd love to see the scenes between Jill/Phillip/Kay and Nina around this time. Also, whatever happened to the clip of Jill saying "You mean my son is out with that worn out tramp." In regard to Nina. I think this was 1987?

• Members

What year did she have the eating disorder? I caught a glimpse of that at my grandmother's and I feel like it was around 1989. Victoria was still a little girl and Nikki excused herself during dinner and ran up to her room and scarfed down a sandwich she had kept in a drawer. :blink: I think this was around the time baby Nicholas choked on something in his crib but I tend to confuse that memory with The Boy in the Plastic Bubble. :wacko:

• Members

Carl, thanks for that scene. I've always wanted to see that!

Thanks for posting this, Carl. I've seen this before. The one I was thinking of though was when Jill goes to see Phillip and Katherine and Rex say he's with Nina and the baby and that's when Jill makes the comment about her son being out with that worn out tramp, Nina. It was on YouTube a while back but I guess someone took it down. Maybe it was from 1988 or 89.

• Members

Thanks, DeeeDee. Do you know if the clip is still around?

Also, I've always wondered (and I think you'd be able to give a great answer to this)do you think Y&R would have still been successful if Bell didn't write out Leslie, Lorie, Chris, Snapper, Greg, Lucas and Lance?

• Members

It should be.

Y&R still would've been successful (Bill was just THAT good a writer) but the change definitely helped.

It made him push himself instead of resting on his laurels & a lot of the new hires (Stern, Douglas, Ford, Bregman, Maitland, Hadley, Lester, Braeden, MTS, Donnelly, both Davidsons) were BANK from Day 1.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

But do you think the cast getting too big with the new additions plus the Brooks/Fosters/Prentis family's would have caused some negative impacts on the style of the show or made it seem like he was just recycling stories with new characters while the old characters were still around?

• Members

Do you think it was a mistake to have Paul's siblings gone for so many years, or was the mistake in giving him siblings at all?

I also wonder about some of the plans Bell had for actors he used on DAYS. Susan Seaforth only had a year or two of story on Y&R, Patty Weaver was mostly a supporting player after her first few years, and Margaret Mason only had story for a few brief strong periods. Or did he have more planned for Margaret but her health problems were an issue?