Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh yeah I totally remember them, just had a memory blip that forgot when certain stories happened and who was in them. Sarah Aldrich (I think) was the Victoria replacement and she was awful. I remember the day Heather came back and it was a relief. I think she was only gone six months

• Members

I could be totally wrong on this one but I recall it that Heather Tom had a nasty contract dispute and simply walked out on the show. That's why they had trouble to find an immediate replacement... Sarah Aldrich bombed and Eric Braeden was not happy with her, so producers asked Heather Tom to return which she did. That's how it was reported in the gossip columns of SOD and Soap Opera Update. When Heather Tom was back on screen, they suddenly made it all sound like it was planned all along as a sabbatical.

• Members

MTS and Ed married around 1985 and Nikki was very much a major character by that point with her lavish wedding to Victor and the quad with Ashley and Jack. I think Bell loved Nikki and would have kept her regardless, but how long do you think she would have lasted?

• Members

I'd say 1987 when Victor planned to divorce her. Maybe instead he did and Nikki left town just as Ashley married Steven. I still think the quad with Ash/Vic/Jack/Nikki would have happened. But I don't know, he really pushed Nikki by about 1982 to be more a focus, especially once Kevin Bancroft came in. Patty was gone mostly due to a failed recast and Diane was never a major focus, more a supporting character. 

I think the recast with Jess also affected things. Bell might have liked Jess, but I also feel he lost a bit of interest in Jill once Brenda was gone. His inspiration for her was on the lower end and he basically had her recycle storylines for most of the 90's. But yeah I don't doubt Ed Scott pushed to keep MTS in the spotlight and a major focus. I have never liked Ed Scott, even though I do believe Brenda Dickson was getting difficult, I also believe Ed had something to do with her departure. Not sure why, just a hunch.

John Conboy wasn't much better, he literally tried to take over the show and have Bell ousted. Kay Alden confirmed the power struggles between the two and Bell clearly had nothing nice to say about him in his Emmy legends interview. Though many of the cast seemed to like him, or say they did. 

Also the rumour that he charged a bunch of sets made for Captiol to Y&R and almost brought the show down as a result, never have been able to confirm this one though I have no trouble believing it.