Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's not. Michael was redeemed over the course of about eight--eight!--years. It was slow, honest, and well-done. There's nothing jarring about it because we saw him change and evolve--until the horrible writing and character getting thrown out the window.

Kevin, on the other hand... ph34r.png

• Members

Agreed. And we occasionally see the rage that bubbles under, like during the Carmine story. Having him be the DA was too much, of course.

The thing about Kevin isn't even that he stopped being a criminal, but how they write him as an overgrown teenager who's into his fanfics and eats cereal with chocolate milk. Totally harmless. That's weird.

• Members

That promo is a real gem with bearded, sadistic Michael!

One has to remember that from 1997-2004 Michael was the town's sleazy,deviant lawyer who still had a strong preoccupation with Christine and hung around with other town pariahs(Phyllis and Diane). Michael and Lauren worked until they were oddly sanctified and became morally superior. Were we really suppose to believe Michael and Lauren would be terrified by Tom and Sheila?

Kevin's original storyline was creepy and great to watch. I think a redemption storyline would have worked if it was written properly. Instead all we got was Kevin getting beat up in jail followed by him pretending to save Lily with everyone suddenly feeling sorry for him and praising him.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Thanks for re-uploading these scenes! I have them saved myself, but I'm glad they are back on youtube!

I still dream of somehow getting the full episodes from those clips.....This 1995 return always gets to me simply because the cast was so big at this point you have to wonder what the other stories and who else was in those episodes while Sheila and Lauren were together.......I'm thankful you can see a bit of the other clips to give you an idea....haha.

• Members

haha Oh, my sentiments exactly, I would love to see this storyline in its entirety. I'm trying to find the B&B clips of Sheila and James in the basement but I seem to have lost most of them. I have the kidnapping but I think that's still uploaded. James' escape is also here but anything in between such as Sheila taunting James with the breakfast tray and water's gone sadly.