Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL these are hillarious! I have never seen these before. Eric Braeden is really good with the comedic parts here. I wasn't aware he could actually do comedy well.

I love the parts where he "bumps" his nose into the "camera" during the first one, and Nikki opening the door into his you know what on the second one haha.

Edited by yr9190

• Members

I hadn't seen them either. I knew he could do comedy but hadn't seen him in any since the Mary Tyler Moore Show days. The first one is funnier, to me, but the second has that great cameo from Melody. It's hard to believe that was just ten years ago. Probably the last time I tolerated Victor.

• Members

Oh yeah.... totally forgot about that MTM appearance he did.

Was the first one ten years ago? That one looks very 90's for some reason.

I just think it's funny that Victor is portrayed weaker in these commercials than on the actual show, It's a nice thing to see, and you can tell Braeden is not phoning in.

• Members

Haven't posted much recently but I was fantasizing after getting my GL DVDs about what if Y&R was to release its own DVD set? I supposed in particular if Y&R was ever get released on DVD I'd love to see at least the following three:

• Summer 1979 episode of which a back from the dead Katherine shatters through Jill's glass terrace doors in the middle of a storm.
  • 1986 episode where Victor let's Ashley have it for the abortion. In 2003 there was flashbacks of this and they stuck me as very powerful.
  • May/June 1994 episode which featured Heather's nightmare of April being found guilty and executed.

• Members

I actually just got some episodes from May/June 1994 (one of the episodes has that Lauren and Traci catfight in it, LOL) but that scene where Heather has the nightmare about April is not included. That storyline is feature on those episodes which was nice to see, and I'm glad to finally see Kay Alden's daughter as Heather, who was really good. I will try to post those episodes soon.