The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

The scene at the church was graphic as hell but I loved it. Sasha stabbing that guy repeatedly had my in stitches. I loved it because the time for being nice is over. Old Rick [pre-prison] might have let Gareth go only to be sorry for it later.

Would not be surprised if Cryreese (I love that) only pierced Bob's ear. He cannot be counted on for anything and I can't stand him.

Beth eppy next week? Not sure I care.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In spite of everything, Bob had what is probably the best kind of death anyone could hope for. He was made comfortable and treated like family. He got to make peace and say goodbye to the people he loved and who loved him. Then after he was gone, they treated his body with respect and with as much kindness and humanity as one could.

I haven't been all that interested in Maggie but I loved that she got the title line. Father Urkel looking around saying "This is God's house" called for a really good response and hers was perfect.

Again, NOTHING about going to DC makes sense. The show has given me no reason to see Eugene as anyone or anything worth all this effort. Certainly not worth splitting up the group for. Didn't we just come back from a fractured canvas?

Tyrese is lucky Carol wasn't there when Gareth mentioned that Martin was still alive. I would've loved to see her face. You had ONE JOB, Tyrese!

Edited by marceline

• Members

Live with Kelly and Michael had a zombie-themed Halloween special, complete with an attack from zombie Gelman (I have a feeling he'd rather be chomping on Kathie Lee), and cameos from two TWD stars.

Norman Reedus is interviewed about the show and various other projects. Flash photography and low-talking alert.

Lauren Cohan and a loud annoying man go through the TWD maze.

Michael Cudlitz interview.

http://fortune.com/2014/10/31/walking-dead-michael-cudlitz/

• Members

Sonequa Martin-Green talks about Sasha and Tyreese.

Between Sonqeua being pregnant, and some of her wording here, I'm so worried Sasha is going to be killed off :( Ugh. I don't want her to go.

In this interview she's asked about people searching for her feet. I think marceline mentioned this happening to so many actresses.

• Members

I thought this was a good episode. Much better than I'd expected. And it wasn't just a Bethy Sue episode - it was about her, yes, but also full of psychological horror and exploration, and interesting characters. It was also very well-paced.

The casting for all the supporting roles was terrific, especially the "good" doctor whose mask slips at the end. Yet in some ways I still felt for many of these people - the doctor, and sometimes, just a little, for control freak slap-happy Dawn. I also have to praise the woman who played Joan (?), the woman whose arm got sawed off.

This episode did a better job of writing for Emily Kinney's range than "Still" did. She wasn't a victim but she also wasn't Superwoman. Kinney had good chemistry with everyone in this.

There were some really frightening scenes in this too, like the jump scares in the trash pit when the walkers kept attacking them.

I liked the bit where Beth used walker Joan to kill the rapist guard with the putty face. Not only did it unscore that humans are the true threat, it was very smart. And Joan looked so, so happy to tear that !@#$%^&*]'s throat out.

I liked Noah a lot. I'm disappointed at already seeing fan hate for him for leaving Beth behind, as if he had any choice in the matter.

• Members

The Beth - centric episode was a lot better than I thought it'd be. Emily Kinney has grown on me. That ending though... Carol better be okay.

Just speculating, but I suspect that the person with Daryl at the end of last week's episode was Noah, who will lead the group to the hospital to get Beth and Carol out.

• Members

Not as bad as I feared it would be, but still a Beth centric eppy? GMAFB!

I would love a stronger actress in the role and for Beth to return to the group and shade that shady sister of hers. Maggie would be pissed because she would have to pretend to care about Beth and take some of her attention off of Glenn. Bitch!