The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

S3's Walk With Me shows why the eppies in the current season dedicated to Phil were nothing more than a stall tactic. Phil and his crew ambush the Army guys, but that wasn't good enough. He then bashes the guy's face in with the butt of his rifle and has what appears to be an orgasm shortly thereafter.

I'm still pissed about those 2 eppies wasted :(

• Members

Happy New Year, my fellow Walking Deaders! I am back.

What strikes me is how stylishly different seasons 1 and 2 were from the later scenes. We got more of emphasis on the walkers in those seasons, there were even scenes from the walkers perspective. I think I might like this to come back.

I enjoyed the two episodes, but I think that they were definitely a mistake. They totally stopped the great momentum that the show had going. I still don't understand why they could not have integrated Phillip's scenes with Rick's group of survivors.

I catching up on the season 3 episodes that I missed last night.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I remember hearing that the walkers were cut back on in season 2, because of budget cuts, but I do think they made what we saw count.

The show has been tonally different in every season. The current episodes seem to be a somewhat awkward hybrid of every season.

I loved Jim but I don't think I will ever cringe as much at this show as I did at that whole, "It was in my dream!!" scene at the end of Vatos. Geez.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Ha. Rick dissing Lori will never get old.

Clearly, the behind the scenes drama has taken its toll on the show creatively. I still think that the show is a compelling drama and the best thing on tv at the moment despite Gimple and Kirkman's huge mistake with those Phillip episodes. I just hope that the rest of the season goes more smoothly.

Edited by Ann_SS