DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

12-12-91 Day 22 (1-18-24) Roman isn't on. Bo & Carly honeymooners. Jenn & Mrs. H. Chip & Julie have lines about the guy who sang "Davy Crockett". Jack & Jo.

12-13-91 Day 23 (1-19-24) At the airport home in Salem. John & Isabella. Roman & Marlena. They tell Eric & Sami that John isn't their Dad but Roman is. Marlena tells Roman all she needs is him & challenges him to show her that he loves her. They make love & sleep in the same bed.

12-16-91 Day 24 (1-22-24) A day about Xmas trees. OG Roman is not a jerk, still not. John was kinda a jerk. Isabella was a jerk but only to Victor. Lawrence visited Victor in jail & he was clearly being a jerk. Roman made pancakes but the kids just wanted to know where their dad was. Kim & Kayla & Shawn come over & bring a big decorated WELCOME HOME cake. Shawn says how great it is to all be together. Only Carolyn & Bo are missing. They trim their tree & eat cake & tease each other & have a fine time. Kayla is bothered that earlier in the day John saw the cake & what was written on it. When they leave Roman & Marlena's place they go buy another cake & take it to John & Isabella's & they decorate a tree there, too. And they try to express to John that he is still family to them even without any Brady blood.

RoMar 12-13-91

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Just posted this on Twitter: #DAYS I have the full episode of 12-12-91 & there's this brief scene where Chip says he met the guy who sang "Davy Crockett" & Julie replies that she dated him. I feel like it needs someone to do an edit. Anyone interested? It's 06:50-08:25. It doesn't have to be someone on Twitter. It could be someone here. 

more

• Members

Came across a reel that Paul Tinder had posted on Vimeo.  There is a scene at the beginning with Neil and Liz regarding their daughter Noelle's diabetes.  The last scene appears to be from 1977 or 1978, when skeevy Neil was coming on to his receptionist, Betty Worth (Jenny Sherman), in her apartment.  That scene starts around 12:05.

• Members

Thanks for those 70's Days scenes. Actress Jenny Sherman looked familiar and I was trying to place where I had seen her. It dawned on me, it was on Chips. When the show first started in 1977 there was an episode where she played a neighbor of Ponch who he was attracted to. While he is inside, Jon is polishing his motorcycle waiting on him and she walks up in short tennis shorts and gives him a glass of lemonade and chats a bit about how hot it is. She glances at his badge. Later on Ponch finds out she has been calling all day at the station leaving messages for Jon to call her and is incensed. 

• Members

After Erik Estrada became a break out star and teen idol he became full of himself. The writers started turning it into the "Ponch Show" pushing poor Larry Wilcox into the background. Then most of the women wound up with Ponch. They wrote Ponch into all those ridiculous storylines having him featured doing some sort of cheesy 70's activity playing racquetball, riding motorcycles, riding skateboards, roller disco, disco dancing, singing etc...Wilcox finally got fed up and left the show before the final season. Then Estrada didn't like his replacement either and eventually had him pushed into the background after that actor got busted for cocaine. I also read Estrada was jealous of Brianne Leary (Sindy) who joined the show in 1978 when she started getting popular. He threatened to walk if they didn't fire her. They did. The shows producers were also spoiling him by buying him all these expensive toys like Corvettes, jet skis etc...

• Members

My OG Roman project: A Jerk or Not a Jerk? 

12-17-91 Day 27 (1-26-24) No Roman or Marlena or John. "The Nutcracker" Molly, Tanner, Julie, Chip, Jennifer, Hawk, Jack, Jo, Ginger, Desire, Alice, Maggie & Mickey.

12-18-91 Day 28 (1-26-24) No Roman or Marlena or John. Desire sang "O Holy Night" acapello. Jack picks up a gun someone dropped & looks like he's going to be in trouble.