Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of October 25

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So now Rafe's purpose is to use his gaydar...

I will say I'm happy at least Y&R has this many characters in one place. When was the last time we got a decent party?

And when did Eileen Davidson get added to the credits? I could've sworn they hadn't changed the opening in years...

How old is Noah? Is Jana considered a cougar? Is Daniel considered a creep?

• Members

You know, someone mentioned it before but I hadn't seen it but yes when did Eileen Davidson get re-added to the opening credits? It's obviously her old footage but I was surprised to see it since yeah, Y&R hasn't updated their opening credits since 2005 with the additions of Judith Chapman and Bryton McClure. Not even CK was ever added back in or her old footage used.

Eh today's show was the usual lameness, no Nikkie, Meggie or Diane. At least Lauren was used, and the preggers pop tart probably won't be on for long.

• Members

All I'm watching Y&R for is Adam & Sharon - I guess I'm in the minority here, but I love the chemistry between Muhney & Sharon Case.

OK, the Meggie/Victor/Deacon/Nikki stuff is rather amusing, in the sense that I enjoy watching Victor being made a fool of. :lol:

• Members

Her acting isn't the problem. It's TPTB's total lack of regard for the character.

It was bad enough when she was relegated to a moronic Baldwin Fisher prop but now any time "genius" writers want to give Lauren stories independent of her horrible in law's crimes it always ends up infested by Sheila and/or Giggly Heffa.

• Members

I usually really like Lauren -- thanks to Tracey Bregman, who is a pretty decent actress, actually. However, I could not believe her hypocrisy on Thursday's show. Jana literally held her hand while fighting off a tumor during that horrific Sarah Smythe/abandoned zoo SL... then had a traumatic meltdown which resulted in her sleeping with some guy who wasn't her shifty husband. The whole Baldwin family lined up to self-righteously bitch-slap her. Are you kidding me? First of all, Gloria sent her previous three husbands to their deaths (the one who was in a wheelchair was tortured by her until he keeled over). Kevin is an STD-carrying pedo who stalked his underage prey online. Those of us who have been watching Y&R long enough know about Lauren's past indiscretions, which included making Traci's life a misery and driving an unhinged nurse to insanity.

How do any of these scamming hypocrites have the gall to attack Jana so deliberately and freeze her out from her previous support group? Of course, she is no angel but sheesh, at least she owned up to her mistake with Ryder and tried to make things right. I know I'm suposed to be "rooting" for those godawful (sorry "crazy kooky") Baldwins and hissing every time "that psycho" Jana comes on screen, but honestly, I can't wait for these hypocrites to reap what they sow.

• Members

Right, and 'evolved' Lauren would never trash Jill nor cheat her when it came to their father's company. It is as if the writers watched a few classic clips and have decided to make Lauren a mean girl/bully again. She was a good bully, almost drove Tracy to suicide, but that was like 20 years ago. Also, the Lauren of today would never hug Jill and then rip into her like she did last week at the shop. Maybe we'll find out soon that Lauren died and that this bitch is really Sarah! It wouldn't shock me and would be an easy way for TPTB to cut a vet. Also, Phyllis could finally get Michael AKA Will and Grace

• Members

ugh Will & Grace. You know, I never warmed to Debra Messing as Grace at all -- she was much better in The Starter Wife. but yeah. That says it all really. That Phyllis & Michael would be inexpertly channeling a now-defunct sitcom from 8-9 years ago. I can't see Michael getting his suit dirty on a back alley dumpster, though. Maybe if Phyllis was Christine and he was walled up in her apartment then, yes, Mr. Immaculate probably wouldn't mind a little dust on his Armanis.

Speaking of Christine, when she was on the show a few weeks back, she and Michael had a scene. Whatever I may think about LLB's bug-eyed acting back in the day, she and CLB always did have major chemistry and that had not changed this year. If he hadn't victimized her all these years (a BIG if!!), I could definitely buy a physical relationship between the two of them. Phyllis & Michael? Not so much.

Aunt Jack, Michael, Pricktor, Nick... how odd that under Hogan's "manly man" writing tenure, these and so many other veteran male characters have lost all trace of masculine appeal, sexuality and physical sensuality. What happened? I can't even stomach Aunt Jack and Grambo in kissing scenes, let alone love scenes, because it all seems so stilted and cold and emotionless. Nick comes across as a male ho on the itchy cusp of an STD. It really says something when Michael Muhney and Sean "Supertan" Kanan are the only ones working sparks of longing and attraction within their pairing -- and they are pretty much the local psychos.

Archived