Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of October 25

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Know I'm in the minority but love Abby and the naked rich bitch routine. Cool parody of Paris Hilton plus this actress has teeth. Maura West is really a big player on the show. Diane is Gloria minus the crow's feet and, while I like her, think there will eventually be backlash. Y&R is a very different show than this time last year.

• Members

Exactly, and I keep expecting to see Park every time she says Jack. They are writing her like Carly, not any Diane I can remember. As I've said before, if ATWT was so great, CBS should have just maintained the show instead of relocating Carly, Simon and Goutman to GC.

As for Abby, I like the actress and think she isn't half bad. The writing in this case may be the problem. They've made her too shallow bubble head and it seems impossible for her to be Ashley's kid.

I liked the recent Lauren hugs Jill scene--Lauren was being Lauren--but so hate this Jill Fenemore saga. Jill should be plotting to kill Kay with a stroke or some other sort of evil. Also, hate the way Jill gets pissed over Nikki and Kay being close; however, it might be smart to have Jill somehow helping Meggie to ruin Nikki. Meggie and Deacon doing this minus a major player is lame

• Members

Ironic---TIIC might not be writing Diane as "Diane" as she was (which I take to mean she was a big old wimp, having no real memory of AD in the role and not watched SW), but they're certainly not writing "Carly" either. Carly would have gone apesh*t on Phyllis and thrown a lot of Phyllis' history back in her face. Diane mostly took Phyllis' attack and struck back the only way she could---yanking Jack's chain.

Well, I take that back. They are writing "Carly"---they just call her "Phyllis" over in GC.

• Members

Oh, Good Heavens PJ! Please, don't ever compare that thing that is flailing it's arms about and acting like a tranny on some heavy meth to our Carly Tenney.

Phyllis is more like this:

Though I still am not a fan of either Amelia Heinle or Marcy Rylan in their roles, they do have some great chemistry together. Honestly I've enjoyed Victoria more in their scenes & story than I have anything else in Heinle's entire run.

Archived