'Y&R' Plans Road Trip to New Orleans

• Members

The Times-Picayune

'The Young and the Restless' plans road trip to New Orleans

CBS's "The Young and the Restless" gets its best local ratings anywhere on New Orleans' WWL-Channel 4, so where else would a road trip take the cast? Deep into its fourth decade of spinning soapy stories, the daytime drama will film here early next month for episodes to air starting Nov. 23.

Cast members expected to participate are Sharon Case (who plays Sharon Newman), Christian LeBlanc (Michael Baldwin), Joshua Morrow (Nicholas Newman), Michael Muhney (Adam Wilson) and Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Summers).

"It's a big thank-you to the city," said LeBlanc, a Tulane University graduate and tireless enthusiast for New Orleans and its charitable causes.

Of course, the visit won't be all business. LeBlanc is committed to participate in local charity events on the weekends bracketing the show's shooting schedule. And he's got an off-camera agenda planned for his co-stars.

"I've already decided that Sharon and Michelle are way too thin, and we're going to fix that while we're down there," he said. "They're actually pre-emptively losing weight. I just talked to Sharon. She said, 'I'm getting in shape.'

"I've got the list of restaurants. It's great taking people around the town, especially since Katrina, so see how it's come back so beautifully."

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's nice that they're giving New Orleans some money. Otherwise, I imagine this will be about as worthless as their "Paris in a can" remote a few years ago, especially with the vapid, unpleasant characters who are being coughed up into that storyline.

• Members

Let me guess, this time instead of having Phyllis see Nick and Sharon kissing alongside the Seine in front of the Eiffel Tower we'll have Phyllis see Adam and Sharon kissing in the French Quarter. Another wasted remote with a bunch of useless characters.

At least with the Paris remote I sorta like despite the pointless gimmick and the Eden/Noah junk but Eileen Davidson was its saving grace.

• Members

Why is Phyllis going? With Micheal I get because Leblanc is from the are and Adam/Nick/Sharon self explanatory. Is it because she's Micheal's best friend? Why couldn't he take his wife instead?

I'm amazed that they don't have Billy and Victoria going for their honeymoon.

• Members

Or how about Y&R meets TRUE BLOOD! LOL! Wasn't there some blind item that stated that one of the soaps was pushing those in charge to let them tell a supernatural story? Well this is the opportunity I'd say. Nick, Sharon, Adam, Phyllis, and Michael thrown into some serious supernatural sh!t involving vampires, werewolves, voodoo practitioners, etc.

Archived