All - Returns that ROCKED

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Or since their resident bad boy, Jonathon was gone, bring back Peter Reardon to go to Springfield U to live with his half/mom Van. But they could never get over their hard ons for TP (what is the "phenom," doing these days???) and the Coopers to bother to readjust their vision to try to maybe, just maybe set the ship straight.

• Members

Deidre Hall's Marlena was soooo different in her first stint on the show, Mitch. She came across as very warm, fun, spontaneous and real -- qualities that were scarcely evident in her second run. I loved that character, especially paired with Don Craig and Wayne Northrop's Roman. When she came back from the "dead," it was like Marlena had been inhabited by a pod person.

• Members

Honestly, I thought Dee Hall did some amazing, amazing work in 1991-1997. From the forbidden love affair between her and John, to Maison Blance, to the possession, to being held captive by Stefano, to standing by John's side in Aremid. I do think though she pretty much checked out in 1998, and we know she actually had an interest in leaving the show then. She was quite content taking a backseat, no longer being the leading lady (Kristian Alfonso's Hope would soon take the center spot as she searched for her Princess Gina past), so I think Deidre didn't put as much effort into the role. Not to say there weren't some bright spots in the past 10 years (her feud with Brady, her interactions with Hattie, being the off-kilter town serial killer, etc.) I do remember being particularly disappointed in her performance when Sami was being executed in 1999. I wanted some throw-back Dee, wailing and ugly-crying... but we didn't get that. :(

• Members

I think JER's writing style also wasn't one which left a lot of room for taking chances with acting choices. He saw a lot of his characters in a very specific way.

I remember some people felt Deirdre did her best work in years after John "died" in 2007. I guess that might have gone somewhere...

• Members

I have hemmed and hawed as to where to put this, but I'll just go ahead and put it here.

GH - Kristina Wagner's 07 Return I know that many, even most, consider it to be an utter flop. And most, like myself, are very upset with the utter destruction of the character. I know it's something I'm most pissed about. GH has done a LOT to piss me off regarding veterans, but Felecia is a super sore spot.

When I first heard Wagner was returning in 2007, I thought "Okay this is great! She's going to mourn her daughter. She's gonna reconnect with Mac. There will probably be resentment from Maxie, but they can work through it as two heartbroken relatives." Everyone knows I have MAD love for Georgie (and Lindze Letherman), and was absolutely horrified when they killed her off. But as a HUGE Felicia fan, I was glad they were at least bringing her back.

The return started out okay. Seeing Felicia walk into the Webber/Scorpio house, just really felt right to me. Seeing Maxie's surprised face, I thought "hmmm this could end up being good". As the story kicked off, I was warming to it. Robin and Dillion greeting Felicia with warmth, Maxie sulking in the background. It was understandable for her to be mad at Felicia, and with her sister dying, it made sense even more.

The eulogy. That infamous eulogy! In my opinion, it was one of the most heartbreaking scenes on GH in the past I don't even know how many years. I know a lot of people did't like it, or thought it just ruined Felicia even more, but I did like it. It still gets the tearrs flowing from my eyes everytime. Maxie's kind words to everyone, then just TEARING into Felicia at the end. Sure it was super sad to see this is what it came to, but KS performed the scenes with such heartbreaking realism, and Kristina Wagner just generally looked forlorn and heartbroken. So I was happy with the eulogy. It's exactly how I would have reacted if I had been in Maxie's shoes.

From there, I thought "Great...Felicia will be around for a little bit. That was the climax to the Maxie/Felicia dynamic. We'll have some more fighting, but eventually have some really powerful mother daughter scenes where they both just cry and Felicia makes a heartbreaking apology to Maxie." I even thought that Mac would show resentment, but forgive her to. Or maybe even after Maxie forgave her, Mac would still harbor resentment and that would be a whole new angle.

But instead, we had the eulogy, then Felicia wants to help find Georgie's killer, Mac tells her she's a bitch, basically, and she leaves town offscreen. I don't think we even got one more Maxie/Felicia scene after the funeral.

So while for me, it started out rocking, and had the potential to be a really great storyline and one to give us Felicia/Georgie fans some closure...But instead, it fizzled.

So that's why I wasn't sure where to put this!

• Members

You defiently should have put it in the fizzled thread. Nothing about her return rocked. The only thing memorable was that it effectively killed Felicia off as a viable character. She turned into a complete joke, selfish biyatch who abandoned her kids to chase after a man that previously dumped her and left her a single mother. Maxie ripped into her and she deserved it and she left town just as quickly as she came and as a coward and a mess. Potential does not make for a rocking return bc that potential went out the window the minute Felciia opened her mouth and explained why she was gone. It was completely stupid and insulting to the viewers who remember her as a great mother and not this vapid selfish woman who just swooped back in as if nothing happened. That was one of the worst returns I saw for a veteran character and I really would have rather she didnt. Why couldnt they write her out by putting her in a coma or soemthing

• Members

I agree, the return really just put the final nail in the coffin for Felicia. I just thought it had so much potential. I thought they were going to right their wrong with her and they didn't. So while the return could have rocked, they really did blow it. I guess I just put it here because it had the potential to be a great character return. But you're right, it was just bad by the end of it.

I sincerely hope one day, should Guza ever go, Felicia is brought back. And I hope her WORKING on a relationship with Maxie is a main story. Not just her coming back, all forgotten. But her genuinely being sorry. Being heartbroken, wanting her daughter. Maybe even a couple rewrites so she doesn't look like SUCH a horrible person. The character could be redeemed, if anyone cared about her.

You're right though, this should have gone in fizzled. I guess I just got all my ideas of how this potentially COULD have rocked, mixed up. Haha. Such a waste :(

Archived