All - Returns that ROCKED

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't diss my Bope ;) Say what you want about them *now*, but then again isn't the whole show crap? Honestly, currently, if I don't see Bo or Hope, it doesn't feel like DAYS, and it certainly isn't interesting in the least bit. One bit o' DAYS past (Sami) is too far in deep with schmucks like Rafe and EJ. But Bo & Hope were the shiznit in the 90's :)

And yes, Joan Collins' turn as GL's Alexandra is what brought me back to the show in 2002. Now *those* were good days!

• Members

B&Hope of the 80's? Sure.

After? not so much. Its funny, when they didnt get along they had electric on screen chem. By the time she came back and he was back at Bo... it just... no. He is just far better away from her, and her away from him. PR comes to life in scenes with anyone else too.

Speaking of Sami, i wish they would take away 5% of the story with her and her men and put her in scenes wih family. It could work wonders.

And no, the whole show isnt crap right now. half and half, imho, and thats still better than anything since 2002. lol.

• Members

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree. Considering their resurgence in popularity by a new group of fans (i.e. those who began watching during the first Reilly writing era), I would say I'm in good company ;)

Yup, anything 2003-current has been crap, but at least up until the past 2 years I was still watching on a near-daily basis. I watched last night for the first time in 2 weeks and couldn't stomach an entire episode. It's just so dull and pointless.

Meanwhile, I was lucky to randomly flip through and see that Deidre Hall would be on Wendy Williams' show yesterday and I watched.... sigh.... I miss that lady. I don't care if she may or may not be a bitch in real life; I love bitches! :)

• Members

I would also add Billy's 1996 return. (I can't bring myself to add Maeve, considering how she was treated, but then, that she came back at all, in 1996, or 2002, or 2004/5, were all miracles, and at least she got some good material here and there, the Dinah/Vanessa relationship finally moved beyond whining, and Vanessa got to have a happy ending with her soulmate).

A lot of shows would have just dismissed Billy as some fossil of a less "modern" era. I never thought Jordan Clarke would return after his 1993 departure, and I thought that heinous, hideous, horrific recast would be my last memory of one of my favorite soap characters. To see Billy back for Vanessa's "funeral" was such a surprise, and then to see him return, and continue to be a player on the scene for so many different regimes, all the way to the end, was beyond belief. Jordan Clarke did a wonderful job when he got leading material but he was also a perfect supporting player. He was a real person, which meant he did not seem out of place as the budget got down to the level of a bad student film. He added so much to the characters of Reva and Josh, through his natural chemistry with Kim and Robert, and I also credit him with helping to bring out some of Daniel Cosgrove's better work and helping make sure Bill was not just one of many failed legacy children on soaps. He was the one who really helped remind that the Lewises had once been such a strong family unit. And he had incredible chemistry with Maeve Kinkead right to the end.

• Members

I met her in 2006 and she was so kind and funny. It was at a women's expo and I was just about the only dude there. So beautiful and so svelte in person.

I think I've gotten to point, having watched DAYS for over 15 years now, that the bad years outweigh the good years... a sure sign to me that it may be time to give up altogether... but then I realize it'll probably die out in a couple years, so I'll wait it out till the end.

• Members

I never understood, why, two years before the piece of crap was cancelled, they didnt put Van and Billy together, and make them the go to couple of SF. Hell, have them buy the Bauer House from Rick (which would have made sense and be touching all at once, Rick wants to have a new place without the memories, and Van wants to have that house, and make sure no one else used that kitchen, besides someone who love Maureen. ) A strong couple with ties to the past, and every family in town, in the good ole Bauer Kitchen set would have made the change to the new shooting not so freaky, weird, odd, and cold. But by that time Wheeler and Kreizman were so far up Gush' ass, and so sold on the Coopers being the only core family, everything went to hell.

• Members

The return of Abe, Jack, Maggie, Caroline, Cassie, Roman, Tony/Andre, Victor, Doug, Alice and Marlena. Horrid storyline but glad all those characters came back to life.

I wish Cassie was still on Days today, I would really enjoy her on Today's Days. I don't see anything wrong the direction days is going, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Cynthia Watros return to daytime as Vicky Love-Hudson-McKinnon!

• Members

I have no clue what she is like in person, and could care less...(besides fun gossip for gossip sake) but she ALWAYS came off so cold to me, I was stunned she was the central heroine of this show, which despite the super couple thing, was as close to a P & G show as one could get (midwestern town, two closely entwined core families, etc.) Say what you want about Zimmer (and I have said a lot) but she always came off as warm and approachable. I dont think she is the greatest actress on soaps ever, but despite her scenery chewing, she always made Reva seem real, and that people would both hate her and love her. She seemed like she could be a real wife, mom, friend, but Dee always came off as an unapproachable cold stiff! Kind of like Mary Tyler Moore in that movie where the kid kills himself.

If she was a little older Hall would have made a great Alexandra Spaulding recast...I could see her giving a Bev McK icy glare of doom to someone and them getting scared shitless!!!

• Members

This is what they should have done. Sadly I think they only cared about putting them back together when the show was canceled. While I still appreciate that the show put them back together, they could have gotten a lot of mileage out of what you suggested. That also could have been used to bring back some other Lewises or Chamberlains, like Trish or Quint, or bring in Stacey, or a child for Trish.

Archived