Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Does anyone know an easy online tutorial for converting VHS to digital files for youtube ?  

I have hundreds of old VHS tapes w/ ATWT and other soaps.  Likely most of what I have is already up -- late 80s / early 90s.  But now that we know the originals have been destroyed, I really need to convert and preserve them.

• Members

He was my favorite but once Eric came on the show ...he wasn't anymore.  Then he fell even further when Chandler showed up. 

He still looks really good and it was nice seeing him in the reunion.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I know I'm late, but I'm devastated by the news Colleen shared. That is an evil, spiteful move. As many have said, this material could've been donated or cheaply sold to another company if they just wanted it off their hands. We know many people wanted to buy or license their collection out. Why just throw it out? That's literally history. 

• Members

The guy who runs the Pop network has mentioned trying to buy it too and we know RetroTV tried to license the shows as well, but that didn't happen. Even if it was as simple as wanting to have ownership of the titles to do reboots/remakes, you can't convince me someone would've bought them, which is why this is so frustrating.

• Members

I'll just say I have a hard time believing P&G went out of their way to wipe everything. This isn't the '60s or the '70s, and the needs and time expenditure are different. Someone has an archive somewhere, and whatever the actual company doesn't have left there's always more among random affiliates, private collectors, performers, personnel, etc. I just can't buy that in this day and age. Not because I think they care about the soaps - they don't - but it just seems like there's too many ways in this day and age that this stuff could slip through the cracks and survive.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Allyson Rice who played Connor said she had lots of VHS tapes from her time on the show. I wish someone would get in contact with her again to see if she or someone else can upload them. Allyson said she wanted to upload them.