Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Love the photo of Liz and Martha together - they're quite a pair!

I have so come around to Scott Bryce as Craig. (Hunt Block was my first Craig and I shall always love him)  Having SB back after having been gone for a year is just so heartwarming - it's nuts. Seeing him at Hal & Bab's engagement party and all of the Oakdale ladies flocking around him to welcome him back to the community, The Snyders had a giant breakfast feast for him along with Lucy and Dusty and John and Lucinda. Seeing everyone at the farm and seeing Craig and Iva together catching up on what he missed during the year - they'll always be "the couple that got away" for me. He should absolutely be with Sierra - they're one of those couples - but the way that Iva and Craig look at each other....you can see the love there that is turning into a lovely friendship.  

And having all of that to take away from the Laura Simmons nonsense - it's so welcome!

• Members

Please, Craig and Sierra were the couple that got away, how much actual time did they have as a couple together before they got separated??

Please register in order to view this content

I remember watching Anacostia episodes specifically to see Elizabeth Hubbard with Martha Walsh onscreen.  It's nice to see them together but it doesn't take away the sting of seeing the lack of acknowledgement of classic soaps by entities like the Daytime Emmys post cancellation.  I mean, does anyone beside ardent soap fans even mention Another World anymore?

I guess the Daytime Emmys will be live-streamed again this year?

• Members

HAHA - @DramatistDreamer  I can see what you mean re: Craig and Sierra. I'm assuming they recast and she comes back but I could be wrong about that. I'm sure the original actress doesn't return because Craig keeps calling her in Montega and we never even hear her voice.

Re: the Daytime Emmys....the hey day of soaps is long forgotten. They've moved on to their current form and yes, they like to forget that soaps used to be something else. Does anyone other than ardent soap fans mention Search for Tomorrow? Or Love of Life?

Adding on to say to make it clear that I totally agree with you. It *is* sad that they hey day of soaps is forgotten and is not recognized. But that's clearly the case and it won't ever change. Soaps have moved on. I didn't go with them. And I'm so thankful that so many fans kept and collected as much as they could and have put them on the internet so that we can all relive or check out new shows and see a good representation of what they were. 

Edited by adrnyc

• Members

@adrnyc

Please register in order to view this content

Seriously though, I think part of the problem is that the actors suddenly became 'in demand' due to their popularity in the roles, which happened a lot in the '80s.  Remember soaps were still considered an incubator of acting talent.

No doubt, it must have presented a challenge to the show when so many of your key actors are being requested to audition for various primetime TV shows and/or movies but goes to show how really good scripts and productions can be a showcase for talented actors.

It seems that between 1987-1989/90 ATWT lost a bevy of their young talent who got opportunities to go elsewhere.  This has happened in previous years but many of the actors they lost after '86 were Emmy nominated or awarded actors who went on to be characters in well-known movies and TV shows.

Finn Carter had opportunities to do other things and so did Scott Bryce.

**Okay, I just briefly looked at Finn Carter's Wikipedia page, trying to clarify some things and just saw that she is distantly related to Gabourey Sidibe.  I'd like to know that story behind that!

• Members

I so wish I had Retro TV!!  (For both that and Doctor Who)

Yeah - I know SB at least did The Facts of Life (he ended up marrying Jo) for it's final season 1987-1988 while he was off ATWT for this time. I don't know if he's BACK back or just back to tie up his storyline or something. I'm A) trying not to spoil myself and B just enjoying that he's back!

Interesting to hear about Finn and Gabourey!!

• Members

Its not so much that Craig and Iva were a couple that got away, its that they were never given a fair shot. Poor Iva's love life....

Sigh....what I wouldn't have given for more Scott Bryce Craig interacting with Carly and Jack. But no....