As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

This is an article from the 2/27/98 issue of Soap News, which is pretty damning towards both the character of Molly and Leslie Kay. Molly was certainly a character I grew to love but I found her annoying her first year but it got better over time, but I don't remember it being this bad:

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I didn't ever have a big problem with Lesli Kay, even in the early days. She was a little old school soap (quavering voice, big eyes) but she did what she could. Initially when Molly started, she got an OK reaction. Marlena de Lacroix named her as a newcomer to watch. Fans didn't seem to mind her, although I remember some comments saying they wanted to see more of another prison character (the woman who menaced Lily - I think she was a theater actress or the daughter of theater stars).

When she came to Oakdale and clutched that footprint 24/7, people began to hate her. Then the idiotic schemes to get Holden just spiraled out of control. The low point was her trying to drop a gargoyle on Lily. Or the church stuff.

FMB just kept showing her characters constantly, and trying to fix or change them. Molly was on constantly in those years. She made a decent couple with David Allen, but I think fans only began to warm to her more when she was with Andy. This was then thrown out the window for the affair with Reid, which certainly worked well for Lesli and Keith Colouris in real life, but which disgusted fans and led to such anger that when Colouris was fired, he blamed Internet posters.

• Members

People hated Molly for the first year or so. It was weird, how suddenly people started to not hate her.

The single DVD sets have one issue, the disk is hard to get out for some reason. Other single DVDs I own are easy to take in and out, but the ATWT and GL ones not so much. I did not have a problem with the multi sets. I also thought it was strange how the large GL set has a white banner border around the cover.

BTW have the Carjack sets started shipping yet?

• Members

That story was awful. Goutman seemed to not want Bryce back as if that decision was forced onto him by someone. So they wrote Craig so awfully. The quad was boring and tedious. The day Craig gave Meg some drug to make her lose her baby was despicable writing which I assumed at the time was meant to destroy the character of Craig forever. And yet I felt sorry for CRAIG. Only Scott Bryce could pull that off. The audience should have hated him for doing that. ATWT just did not want a humanized Craig in the last 10 years. I saw him go from bad to reformed and yet still flawed, a multi-dimensional fascinating and rootable character. It was a brilliant Emmy worthy portrayal by Scott Bryce, and then to see Craig come back and be so snide and cartoonish was hard for me as a fan. I can understand why people liked Hunt in the role, especially if they never saw Craig before. Hunt was playing it exactly how ATWT wanted him to at the time. It just wasn't for me. Plus, aside from Sierra, Craig's relationships with Lucinda and Lily were some of my faves and they never even tried to do that justice.

• Members

The episode is from Tuesday, June 29, 1999. Monday's episode is when Carly pulls him in there after Jack sees Reid propose to Julia, and Wednesday, they wake up and almost make love, only to be interrupted by Hal, Barbara and their wedding planner.

Transcript links.... http://atwtx.0catch.com/ATWT06291999.txt (atwt.x0catch.com 's transcripts start in March '99) while tvmegasite.com's start in 2000.