OLTL: Discussion for the week September 27

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was against the storyline, but in hindsight I liked a lot fo the material too, which is why I have such a huge prob with it ALL being the evil Eli's doing. I'd be even somewhat ok with this plot nonsense if he had just been forcing Greg to withold the cure for some illness they knew about or something--but ALL the symptoms being faked? No second opinions ever being sought? etc etc...

Word, this is one of his greatest shortcomings, particularly telling since he places his characters in such otterly over the top situations, that even by soap standards could destroy a person.

How is Clint propping up a Ford? I am annoyed his story is connected (will he find out what Robert did to his daughter?)

But I'm with you on Marty. This is the Marty I and like who we hardly ever see. I always found it kinda insulting--as someone who beliesves strongly in psychotherapy--that Marty has been so very fucked up. Not that shrinks are perfect human beings--often they can see the what's going wrong with everyone but themselves, but to have Marty play games like not give Natalie that letter, constantly jump to conclusions, etc, etc, has just been stupid to watch.

• Members

Damn, how brilliant would it have been if we had gotten the episode from Dec 31, 1969? :wub:

(I just googled that date actually, to see what day in the week it would have fallen on, and apparently Dec 31 1969, 4:00 or something is the time a lot of computers default to due to some virus--so maybe abc.com was having some issues...)

• Members

Actually Tea got 2nd opinion the next very next day and Todd urged her to get 3rd, 4th and 5th, too. The problem was all those opinions used Greg's swapped MRIs of a Stage IV brain tumor to base their concurring pov. It sounds contrived but having last year gotten 2nd and 3rd povs for my dad's arterial illness, I learned most docs will not request a new battery of tests especially MRIs.

I do agree that RC messed up by not having Greg simply exagerrate the stage of her brain tumor or withhold life-saving surgery. That twist would work better as Greg could have been working to save her those weeks she was MIA and offscreen even. I do feel cheated it was all a con, even thought the emotional torture was the same as Tea, Todd and Dani's torturous journey was "real" to them.

I feel Clint and Bo have been pulled into propping up weak, whiney Inez. However, I do think Clint will go after Ford when he learns of his sexually preying on teen Jess. I'm looking forward to his shotgun then ;-)

I'm not a real Marty fan but I do prefer her in non-victim mode and felt Hannah was Marty Jr from day one so this counseling of Hannah with her own experience works for me.

• Members

I thought Viki was darn forgiving of Charlie over his alliance with Dorian of all people and his shooting Jessica.

Viki doesn't FORGIVE Jessica really but uses the mental illness to excuse every single bad thing her daughter's done. It's odd because Viki beat herself up pretty bad for a few years over killing Victor yet Tess' murderous plots she never really fazed her much.

As for not forgiving Tina, I'm with Viki on that. Tina's a greedy bitch, driven by money even in her so-called "reformed years" of the mid 90s. She was willing to defraud her own bro just to get her hands on his trust fund. Tina and Dorian are a lot alike which is why Viki has such trouble forgiving them, which was a story point made in the late 80s.

You know I actually agree with you so I'll correct myself. I don't see what's so HOT about weak, whiney Inez so I can't fathom Clint or Bo's sudden intense interest in her.

• Members

The main reason Tina kept quiet about Niki was because Tess threatened to kill Sarah.

Meanwhile, Todd kept quiet about Tess because he was busy with his rape victim and trying to steal his grandchild.

Yet Viki loves Todd more than ever.

Archived