OLTL: Discussion for the week September 27

• Members

Oh I FORGOT to mention how I completely love Hannah. Love love love. And I think this living with Marty is very interesting... and found it even MORE interesting that she mentioned her past obsession with Andrew (although briefly) because there are some similarities there. I hope they don''t just drop Meghann Fahy/Hannah... she has some potential, and IMO is much more enjoyable than ANY other young female "leads" (Langston, Dani, Starr, Destiny, etc.). I don't like her with Cole, but I think there is plenty that could be done with her without a romance even.

Just keep her away from the Fords!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I miss Cris and Layla and while I enjoy DF, wish they had given them a happy soapy wedding and written them out ala Marcia and Michael. Sometimes you just have to give soap fans a PAYOFF. Especially as Cris needs a very, very long break before falling for yet another female . Alas, per usual he's being rushed into Gigi's arms to free up Rex for a flopping Kelly. The only appealing part of Rex & Kelly is they save my FF button as I can't stand the two nitwits.

Tea's cancer story resonated and was the best story of a pitiful summer. ITA FL/KDP sold the heck out of the Tea/Blair friendship. However, it was too contrived for most fans to buy into so we were left watching FL/KDP not Tea/Blair characters. FL emotionally carried the story but TSJ and KM were very good in July scenes. But after Tea exited to the hospice, TSJ checked out and stayed checked out except for two scenes with the urn. KM to her credit, tried very hard to carry the emotional weight for him but she's not strong enough to pull it off. The biggest problem was the fallotut, as the story shifted too quickly into this plot-driven custody crap. There should have been a period of quiet mourning, let the emotions fester and play out but as usual RC skipped the emotional beats in his rush to the next plot PLOT PLOT. MW's one-note acting as cartoonish Evil Eli, TT's subpar acting and BW deciding to play weasel AJ, ground the fallout into the ground.

As for last year, Todd and Tea sparring and finding their way back to each worked quite until John & Blair tanked. Then RC chose to go to the well for more tired T&B tease. No one wants to see another round of T&B and TnT's potential was tainted for a triangle neither side wanted to watch ever again.

I don't know what happens next for Todd and Tea as RC rarely plays out fallout from any of his major emotional turmoil stories. Tea should be traumatized and need real help psychologically. Todd should finally address what he put John and Cole through now that he's walked a mile in their shoes. There should be real parallels drawn and time taken to swallow this karma coming back to bite him, them both really as Tea got him off and she surely won't defend Greg/Eli. Alas, RC puts these obvious parallels out there yet rarely explores them. I suspect we get a half a scene of irony and it's dropped which is a shame because both Todd and Tea should really face that karma head on.

I disagree with you again on Marty and Hannah. For once, RC IS drawing the parallels out and Marty/Hannah totally work. Any story where Marty is not a perpetual victim but using her own troubled history to HELP another is welcomed.

I do agree that Clint's story has so much potential but he's stuck propping another Ford. Inez, Nate and Bobby Ford all have to go. James can stay if only because NR's the only actor in that bunch with any onscreen charisma.

• Members

I don't exactly love Hannah but ITA MF is the most talented younger actress on this show. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised that for once RC addressed heed-on the parallels between characters. Hannah reminds me so much of early Marty, and that's a deep well to mine for these two. I prefer the Cole aspect take a backseat to Hannah's self-destructive naturea.

• Members

Same here. I liked them back when Ritchie was in the role but I really came to love the chemsitry between the characters when JVD took over. I will always want and love Clint and Viki but Lindsay seems more suited to the man he is today. Id love it if they finally wnt ahead and wrote them as a real couple

• Members

Was it me or did OLTL feel more like GH today? I mean focused on one story and weaving multiple characters in and out seaminglessly. The editing/directing was tighter too and a few more emotional beats were allowed to play out. Except for the silliness of John getting to St. Kitts so fast, time travel on soaps is ridiculous, the show flowed from scene to scene. I could have done without Ford brothers yet again pulled into a story, that's my one complaint.

One of the best written in a while. Welcome back to ES, finally Viki gets pulled more into Todd and Natalie's big stories, let's hope Echo doesn't isolate her away from her family ties like that garbage David crap this summer.

KM has come a long way when she can convey shell-shocked so well and then deliver an emotional payoff so well.

Loved the cliffhanger of Tea stealing a phone to call Todd ;-)

Archived