AMC: Casting news

• Members

Glad these two aren't Scott and Marissa, though I did playfully suggest Amanda Seton as Marissa a few monthsback given the dark looks/VI resemblance. You see that in LHas well. But yay for the increased latin presence. Does anyone else have to remind themselves that AMC does NOT take place in L.A. now? When Erica was having her new apartment built, I kept thinking it was an L.A. condo, latina Mayor Blanco felt like a very L.A. choice to me, talk of Caleb "L.A. Law" Cortlandt's former career, Californian latinos Sonia/Miguel (Asher ?), and now Griffin and Cara... and of course the on-location shoots...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my God, it's Carlos Reyes all over again.

I am beyond tired of ol' Zach and I hated how Zendall ate the show, but there is no denying that with that couple, as with Leo and Greenlee a few years ago, a standard of popularity was set which it will be difficult for any new man to measure up to with the same actress and character. So how did AMC handle it when Greens was Leo-less, despite both fans and RB wanting a pairing with David? They tried her with the oldest, most tired soap cliche around - "sexy blue-collar Latino hunk." It failed miserably because sorry, Greenlee is not going to date a janitor, the story was wretched and Max Alexander was no Javier Bardem. It was embarrassing to watch.

Jordi Vilasuso is not as bad an actor as Max Alexander was but he's no Javier Bardem himself. This is not going to end well.

Archived