GH: New Return Promo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aren't actors supposed to have charisma? Isn't part of the problem that these shows are filled with people who not only have no charisma, they actually have a negative charisma factor in that they drain it out of anyone they have scenes with? I'll refrain from namimg any names as to keep any middle finger action to a minimum.

• Members

Agreed. I'm psyched for this return. Mainly because the character of Brenda still has major unfinished business with the show.

I wish she'd drop the Giovinazzo, though. In Hollywood, that's like tempting fate (remember when Roseanne Barr was Roseanne Arnold?).

• Members

Alicia, IMO, is probably one of the only actresses on ABC Daytime that come closest to having the charisma VM had. For example, it's not easiest thing to have chemistry with RB and she really does.

I think their decent talents as well, for daytime - but their draw has obviously been more charisma-driven - their ability to have chemistry with almost anyone and anything.

Vanessa was on ABC Daytime on one of GH's heydays of writing, so of course there was some extra pluck there. I don't think Vanessa's return is going to do much for GH this time around. The show and characters have gone down the drain way too much. There's some Sonny/Brenda draw there as they're probably GH's last true supercouple, but again there's a lot more damage to the show and characters than there was 7 years ago.

Back to the topic of the promo and as the promoting part of this winds down... I have to take back my original thought that the Brenda return campaign was going to easily top the real Greenlee one due to the ABC news release. Surprisingly, except for next Tuesday, the real Greenlee promoting was much, much heavier handed. Frons likes blonds better, that's something I knew but ... it was Vanessa Marcil!

ETA:

Word on the husband's name. Vanessa must really want it attached, at the moment. Honeymoon phase.

• Members

Oh, not it will not. Because i will not pimp GH. I tuned in the other day, and aside om the fun batshit crazy Lisa, it sucks. and i am sure brendas return will rock for a few months, and then i will hate gh again but torture myself by watching because, well, its nessa. and shes perfection.

The people who did the sins of the father promo did it, i think.

Archived