GH: August Discussion Thread

• Members

she just took them but that isnt the point. Robin shouldnt have to go get new meds bc the crazy bitch shouldnt be in her house stealing the ones she got. Love Lisa but I lbame Patrick for this bc he is failing to take responsiblity for what he did and take control of the situation. Lisa is out of line and this is only the beginning. She will only get more dangerous if she sint stopped now. How irresponsible of him especially since he has a daughter to consider

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Lisa had replaced Robin's medication with placebos, Robin would eventually develop AIDS from which there would be no going back. GH is not going to go there. They don't want Robin to have any serious health issues relating to HIV/AIDS.

• Members

I blame Lisa for a lot of what is going on right now. But I blame Patrick a lot as well. I don't like Patrick, I think that he has treated Robin awful throughout a big bulk of their relationship. He's been very demeaning and just flat out mean/hateful to her, and how he's cheated and put the well being of her and their family at risk. I wish she would dump him.

• Members

I'll probably get jumped on for asking this, but isn't what Brook is doing to Dante, a form of rape? Sleeping with someone you drugged, I remember on L&O:SVU which was based on real life events where something like that happened and it was considered rape cause the person wasn't in their right mind to consent to sex.

Thanks Guza for turning Brook into a whore-LITERALLY

• Members

I think if they do end up sleeping together, while he's drugged it is rape. Maybe Lulu might have stopped it in time. If Lulu did stop it in time, I think in the very least it's some form of sexual assault/attempted rape.

I have liked the character of Brook in the past. But I think that the writing for her is really bringing her down. She's now pretty much trying to prostitute herself, and now she has sexually assaulted, and could possibly be trying to rape Dante.

I thought she was trying to really sleep with him, so that Lulu can either catch them in the act, or so that she can just rub it in Lulu's face that she slept with Dante? I thought that the deal with her and Carly was that she actually has to go through with sleeping with Dante, to facilitate a breakup between him and Lulu.

I don't think that she was just trying to make it look like she slept with him...? I think that she has to actually go through with sleeping with him, according to her deal with Carly.

If she's only trying to make it look like they slept together, then I think that what she is doing to Dante, is a form of sexual assault. If she really is trying to sleep with him, then I believe what she's doing is sexual assault and attempted rape.

Though I think in her mind, she might not see it as attempted rape. She might just think it's something wrong that she's doing,but it an end to a means to her and she's going to do it anyway. And I wouldn't be surprised if it's not brought up that what she did was attempted rape.

• Members

Thank your fellow LW/Carly Lover, detriotpiston. His original avatar brought that annoying tick to my attention.

But that is the point JP was trying to make. There would've been more drama involved if they were replaced with placebos. However, Robin's pills are missing, oh well. She can get her prescription refilled. Lisa hasn't really foiled Robin. True, it's a gesture, but a lame one. We didn't need this to know Lisa is crazy. Actually, it pales in comparison to breaking into the house and scratching Robin's face from her wedding picture. From a story standpoint, having something happen to a character that has an immediate fix really is going half-assed. Why bother going to this point in the story if they're not going to push it as close to the edge as possible? I'm not disagreeing that Robin shouldn't have to go buy new meds because of the psycho bitch, but that wasn't the point of the question.

CARJAXMANRAPE.png

• Members

Yes. I made it quickly in protest after the Laura Wright character admonished Jax for being raped, and then Frick-n-Frack, Hinsey & Logan basically laughed at the prospect of a man being raped.

Of course, now that Holy Child Michael was raped, we all of a sudden believe in male rape victims because he was sodomized!

• Members

Im still behind on the show...I haven't seen yesterday's.

But in Monday's episode, what I thought was so funny was the fact that Brook just happened to have a little dose of date rape drug in her purse. She went to Jake's to meet carly, COMPLETELY unaware that she was going to have a new deadline and need to act that nite...Next scene she has some roofies in her purse and she's druggin dante? Does she just carry them around in case she has an itch?

Archived