American Idol: Ellen OUT! JLo IN!

Shawn

• Members

Since you brought it up Toups...lol

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jennifer's career in both movies and music is over, so her hasbeen ass might as well try to make herself happen on TV when Idol still has some of its audience left. Trust me, I will be shocked if this show lasts two more seasons without Simon.

And this brings truth to the known knowledge that J.Lo was nothing more than an updated and poor man's Paula Abdul of the late 90's/early 00's. You know, sh!t voice, flashy music videos, and full on choreography, while trying desperately to get street/hip-hop credibility.

• Members

Wow, what a circus! At least it's not Perez Hilton.

JLo can't sing or act for [!@#$%^&*], she was a good dancer who got lucky. I do think marriage and motherhood has brought her *some* humility however. She like Paula is out of her league judging kids who could sing her under the table though.

• Members

she's in the same position Paula Abdul was in when she first landed Idol and look what it did for her career as far as making her relevant again. Actually Jennifer is nowhere near as obscure now as Paula was back then. No one really cares about Jennifer's music anymore so she might as well try something else within the field.

• Members

Idol never made Paula relevant again -- she still doesn't have a music career. It made her a pop culture name for being goofy and loopy, which is fine, and I love Paula, she was the main reason I stayed with the show after it went to pieces, but she was really only mostly famous again in the context of Idol. Besides, Paula was with Idol when it became a huge hit, and she was part of the reason why. If she had just come in this year I don't think she would have had as much notice from the public.

My guess is that Idol will do about as much for JLo as it did for Kara, and won't have any real impact on her fame one way or the other.

• Members

No Paula doenst have a music career but Idol did make her relevant again. Before it, people were thinking Paula who? She was an 80s hasbeen completely unknown to most the younger generation which Idol was aimed at. It did give her alot of press, coverage, and exposure and she became iconic along with the other 2 judges bc of this show.

Kara is no comparison. She's a song writer, never been a star. She's stayed behind the camera and ALOT of people never knew she even existed before Idol. Never heard of her before she joined. The show at least helped make her recognizable but she didnt do it to be a celebrity. Her strength and succes has been behind the scenes

• Members

She became iconic with the context of Idol, yes, but outside of Idol, most of the publicity she has gotten has just been if she's a mess. Really, none of the judges have had publicity outside of Idol. That's why I don't think JLo will really see any big increase in her profile from the show.

Archived