American Idol: Ellen OUT! JLo IN!

Shawn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

About damn time, she sucked ass as a judge. Nothing against her as a comedienne and talk-show host, but what the hell was she doing on this show anyway? What does she know about the music business?

In fact, I think the entire show is past its prime and needs to go off the air, though it's still the #1 show on television, but it's just living off its past success at this point. I expect things to get worse next season when Simon's gone and planning the US edition of X-Factor.

• Members

Wow. Okay. I think it's for the best. I agree that she wasn't the right fit for the show, a great guest host once or twice a season at most. Ellen was (still is?) starting to be a little too *everywhere* for my tastes. I think a little of her goes a very long way.

Last season's contestants were probably the least inspiring group ever and without spacey Paula and now the show's true star Simon out of the picture, the ratings will continue to decline. Simon's who a lot of viewers have stuck with the show for and replacing him is impossible because anyone similarly snarky and rude will be immediately compared, and panned for trying too hard to mimic him.

• Members

Wow, this show really wants to die a painful and miserable death...

Just bring on the US edition of X-Factor already, most people who watch Idol watch for Simon's reaction anyway. As SFK pointed out, he's really the star power behind that show, not so much the contestants...

• Members

Yeah, there's been talk about dropping Kara and bringing in all manner of new hosts from Nigel Lythgow to Courtney Love. I wonder if they'll consider dropping the four host format and go back to three.

• Members

Gotcha, I though he was also being considered as a host. Speaking of, why did they drop that Marie Osmond on crack Mary Murphy from SYTYCD?

How is X-Factor different from America's Got Talent, aren't they pretty much the same show?

Archived