Kay Alden Auctions off Condo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When the Bells lived in Chicago, were they in Chicago proper or a suburb? I imagine Bill typing away in their posh Gold Coast townhouse.

That apartment has so much potential, and for that price, a bit of a steal (but to my surprise home prices in Chicago are considerably lower than in NYC and D.C.). I'm sure the amount of space is its main selling point, but I bet folks are expecting to be a little more wowed by a Chicago penthouse. The ceilings seem low for such a grand space, and like a lot of conversions, the floorplan may still feel a bit choppy. I pray that the area by the bar is not the "foyer".

• Members

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the ceilings, they do seem low. What the place needs is a complete gutting so that the floorplan can be reconfigured. Since it's the whole floor that shouldn't be an issue, the space and the location is great.

• Members

I think it would be great if it had some ceilings.. the furniture IS ugly, and this penthouse needed a far more contemporary touch as far as decorating goes. the views are great, though.. and it is a steal if it goes for that.. but that's where the bidding STARTS. I guess we know how much a soap HW makes.. and I also guess we know where alot of the soap's budget goes. They keep bellyaching about Actor's salaries pinching the budget.. my guess, management and HW and producers just don't want to curtail THEIR lavish lifestyle.

Archived