AMC: Wednesday, July 7, 2010

• Members

Caleb looks more like he'd be related to Erica and Mark (especially at their early '80s swarthiest) than the Cooneys.

ETA: So they've made no mention of his parents/exact relationship to Palmer at all?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair we don't know too much about Pete Cooney's past except for the stuff with Adam's sister. But yeah... I will give them credit though for them already having Caleb interact and get to know the town--something that in the past AMC has had a ton of trouble with when a new character comes on--they act with 2 other characters for 6 months and never even meet anyone else.

I actually thought today's episode was decent except for a poor script (so I guess it COULDA been decent). Like I liked that Annie spoke about her past and they had that connection. But the transition to that, was so abrupt--theyw ere fighting and suddenly she's "cold" cuz the place reminds her of her past and INSTANTLY JR is sympathetic. There were other little bits that just had clunky dialogue I thought. Bonus points for the gratuitous emphasis on JR's nipples and Ryan's package I suppose though.

I agree in theory, after everything he's done that she's not cared about, but he did make a BIG point to her that he was doing this sacrifice (jail) for her, which I assume partly lead to them sleeping together again.

• Members

I agree with you on most points, except that would prefer Madison with Ryan over Bianca or Frankie because she makes him watchable again, imo.

I'm also loving Annie & JR. It was great how she realized she was opening up more to him than she had to any man in a long time and they both admitted their connection goes beyond the sexual.

Caleb's nicknames are entertaining and so far his introduction to Pine Valley is one of the smoothest I've ever seen. I just hope he doesn't lose his edge once he's fully integrated.

Hopefully Randi has a meltdown and it leads to her finally leaving the show!

This makes no sense since it was previously established that Palmer's only sibling was his sister, Bess.

What bothers me is that we knew of Palmer's 1 sister and he never mentioned any other sibling.

Yup, it was another poor script by Joanna Cohen.

• Members

"Bambi" is not a very original nickname for Greenlee. Laura's nurse during the Gillian's-transplanted-heart storyline in 00-01 used to call her that when she would try to get past her to Leo and Laura's place.

BTW...loving the show right now. Good balance. Interested in almost all stories. So many places to go and avenues to explore (Frankie/Madison, Caleb's immediate connections, Jesse/Mayor dust-up..) There are still some kinks in the armor (Rylee Endgame, rushed dialogue, poorly integrated outdoor scenes, under-use of Brot/Natalia/Frankie), but overall, this show is better than it has been in almost ten years.

Archived