DAYS: Sheri Anderson: From soap writer to author

• Members

I read at another site that, on November 1st, one of three books using Days/Salem/John and Marlena will be out, called "A Secret In Salem". I guess there are three books.

I wonder how this will tie into the "real" universe, if at all?

Anyway, I read the book can be preordered at Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm definitely going to get the book. Sheri writing for DAYS again (though not on TV) will be better than anything that's currently on the air or whatever Dena Higley comes up with.

I hope the series does well. If we can't get a good DAYS on TV, we might as well get it in a book!

Charlotte sounds better than any of the current teens.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Days-Lives-John-1020126.aspx

• Members

I've heard good things about the Sheri Anderson era of DOOL. By the time, I started watching was around 1987 and she had already left. I've often wondered why she never went on to other shows long-term (I know she had brief stints on Guiding Light and Another World as head-writer). How did those stints go over?

• Members

Not well, I'm afraid. Sheri Anderson's stint at GUIDING LIGHT was a total hot mess, thanks to the introduction of boring characters such as Johnny and Lacey Bauer, and plodding "mysteries" such as Paul Valere's murder and whatever the hell was going on w/ Josh, who'd returned from Venezuela, and Cat Brixton and Diamondhead's attempt at taking over Lewis Oil.

Archived