Ken Corday's book

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would definitely read KZ's book, especially since she's promised to "go there." It's not that I'm hungry for venom, it's just that I'm not interested in reading some pussyfoot autobio where the author isn't willing to share how he or she really feels about things. It's not about being hurtful, it's about giving an accurate account of your personal recollection of events. I think that's what made Ellen Holly's book such a great read. Sure, wen (I) loved reading about the things we've always wanted to believe were true about Paul Rauch, but I never got the impression that she was trying to destroy the guy's rep, she was just telling it like it t-i-is. And even if she was incorrect in her take on Erika Slezak, it was still her take and I'm admiring of someone who gives their honest opinion, right or wrong. It's a personal account, not a fact sheet.

• Members

I cannot say that any better!

I want REAL behind the scenes info. As much as people don't like the guy, Nelson Branco is supposedly writing a book going behind the scenes in daytime (He has said that Harding Lemay's Eight Years In Another World is an inspiration for it. I LOVE that book and own a copy. Nelson's book will probably be explosive. My guess is e is timing its release after most soaps have been cancelled.

• Members

I have got to get myself a copy of 8 Years, that's something I've put off for a long time. Maybe they'll release it on Kindle or Nook someday, I'm assuming the price has only gone up and not down.

You know, I'm almost positive that I would read Nelson's book (while snacking on grains of salt). I bet he does have some good behind the scenes stories but there's an undeniably Hollywood Babylon tone to his stories and blind items. I would probably pass on reading it though if he didn't have the courage to identify people by name because it might as well be a work of fiction then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Well at least we now know for sure (for those who never believed it) that it was always the plan to bring back the people killed in the Salem Serial Killer storyline.

I had to laugh at Corday saying that Higley had the show on a creative upswing when NBC forced Corday to hire Reilly again in 2003. :wacko:

I wish Reilly had written a tell all book. :( He had almost 30 years in daytime and could've told stories about EP's he worked with like Gloria Monty, John Conboy, Bill Bell, Corday, Langan, JFP, Tomlin, De Cazotte; or his meetings with the network; battles over storylines; and knowing Reilly's humour, there would be a lot of un stuff to read about.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I just bought it Friday and finished it today. Must say its an interesting read,though I was looking for it to have some reference to Pat Falken-Smith, Brenda Benet, Jason Brooks, or Robert Keller Kelly. I enjoyed the story of the corday family and their struggles. I didn't know the original plan was always to bring the victims of Marlena's back.

Discuss!!

• Members

I have ALWAYS believed that was the original plan and I don't care how unpopular an opinion that is. I think it was planned from the beginning, but there was nothing planned after Melaswen, which was the inherent problem with the story & probably why nobody will accept that the original intention always was to have all of the characters turn up alive.

• Members

was it the original plan? I dont think so.

The actors were fired. They tried out for other gigs. They legit thought that was it. Corday/JER got lucky because none of them got a long lasting gig and all agreed to come back. By the time they killed Douf off tho, they knew everyone was going to be alive. Francis was the only one not fired. Now, i am sure it was tossed around that if this didnt work or whatever they could just make everyone live, but it is so obvious that that was not the intent going into it. I know for a fact that a few actors almost didnt come back.

If it was the plan all along, and i just dont believe it was, then they did a crappy job and it almost didnt work.

• Members

corday stated he was lucky all of them agreed to come back and that he called in the cast and crew and gave them all the good news and reintroduced each character one by one. I too think it was plan but after New Salem nothing was planned, but IMO great stuff came out of that because I enjoyed the Marlena/John/Kate/Roman/Alex storyline as well as Bo/Hope/Patrick. Corday,Jer, and the people who wanted him on Days knew of the plan and later Frances Reid. When Corday went to visit with her let her know the news of her firing, Miss Reid stated "Oh, he's never liked me anyway" referring to JER.

Archived