Y&R: Discussion for week of May 24

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, this thread is dead! I watched part of yesterday's ep on soapnet last night. I was channel surfing and I landed on Y&R during the big Lily scene. I haven't seen the show in weeks, so I thought I'd check it out. Good grief, CK is such a weak actress who should've never been given this type of heavy material. Her acting just seemed so unnatural in that scene. I could literally see her trying to "act" ("OK, now this is my cue to tear up"; "this my cue to look wistful"), and it was really distracting. Of course the whole scene was too corny for words, but a better actress might've been able to lift the weak material to something that wasn't laughable. After that awkward scene, they went to a scene of Jack and Emily (or is it Patty?) talking about losing her medical license. At that point, I just swtiched the channel and never looked back.

I feel bad for you diehard Y&R fans. It must be tough trying to hang on as you watch your favorite show implode before your eyes. I went through the same thing with AMC in the late 90s, and of course it never fully recovered.

• Members

Speaking of beyond lame, are we suppose to care that Emily is going off the deep end herself or is being stalked?

I dont know why the show keeps trying to make her happen. Sometimes writers/producers dont know when their characters/actors have run their course

Archived