Y&R: Discussion for week of May 24

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly, Cheap. ;-)

And the climax of the big Emily/Emilia/Imogene story? Patty, of all people, being the one to talk her down, so to speak. Thus, redeeming Patty while saving Emily. :rolleyes:

• Members

I do like Hudak, but because they rushed into the Jack/Emily relationship (I still don't know why -- that could've have taken months to develop), we've never gotten to see anything that would make us care about Emily. Honestly, when Patty drugged/tried to snuff her, I wanted her to die. How sad is that? The Patty character was so much meatier (yeah, way over the top), but still it was a lot more fun.

• Members

Exactly.

Haiduk was stuck with horrible writing but she (like Muhney) did about as good as they could to sell the material.

Unlike others who are too busy mugging (Miller, Hendrickson), comatose (Ford, Bethel, Zima), marginalized (Driscoll, Gellman), MIA (Schmidt, Marano) or all together miscast (Riegel, Rylan).

And that's just the newer hires.

• Members

Believe me, I wanted Emily to die, too, but you didn't see me shedding any tears over it. ;-P

But seriously, I don't think it ever mattered whether we cared about Emily, for two reasons: 1) TPTB created Emily at the last minute b/c they'd written Patty into a corner too soon, and they needed to do something to keep Haiduk on the show; and 2) they never intended to invest in the Jack/Emily relationship beyond "Jack meets Patty's lookalike psychiatrist/Jack and psychologist fall in love/Patty finds out/Patty switches places w/ psychologist and marries Jack instead."

I mean, if they really wanted us to care about Emily, they would've introduced her brother, for instance, long before they actually did.

• Members

If Daniel spanking Abby wasn't enough, today the writers gave us this gem (Billy to Victoria) "You haven't tasted my sausage." That line isn't even true, Victoria has tasted Billy's sausage plenty of times. In fact, it's part of the reason her marriage is over and she lost custody of her kid.

Archived