GH: James Franco returns

• Administrator

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/homepage/default.aspx

JAMES FRANCO RETURNS TO ABC'S "GENERAL HOSPITAL"

Arrival on June 30 Coincides with an Explosive Storyline

Award-winning actor James Franco returns to "General Hospital" in the role of bad boy performance artist Franco. His first airdate is WEDNESDAY, JUNE 30, just as the summer storyline of the long-running daytime drama gets into high gear.

"We are so thrilled to welcome James back to 'General Hospital,'" says Executive Producer Jill Farren Phelps. "We had such a great time with him and are very excited that he decided to return to Port Charles to take care of unfinished business."

"Working on 'General Hospital' was a great experience. I love the cast, writers, directors and producers. They have become a new family for me. I can't wait for the work we will do this summer," says Franco.

With Franco's arrival, the multi-award winning daytime drama kicks off its summer story as the wickedly brilliant Franco take the citizens of Port Charles on a wild ride of mystery, music, murder and mayhem. As the artist continues his obsessive vendetta against Jason (Steve Burton), enemies will be forced to work together, Jason and Dante (Dominic Zamprogna) will pursue a tangled web of clues Franco has laid out, the hospital will be in peril, and in a chilling climax, the viewing audience will be treated to performance art the likes of which they've never seen before.

In addition to his appearance on "General Hospital" this summer, Franco will soon be seen in "Eat Pray Love" with Julia Roberts, and has just completed filming "127 Hours," directed by Oscar®-winning Danny Boyle, with former "General Hospital" actress Amber Tamblyn. Other film roles include the "Spider Man" trilogy, "Milk," "Knocked Up" and "Pineapple Express." In addition Franco won a Golden Globe for his portrayal of James Dean in the miniseries of the same name.

Currently nominated for 18 Daytime Emmys (the most of any show this year), "General Hospital" airs at 3:00 p.m., ET, 2:00 p.m., PT on the ABC Television Network, and on SOAPnet at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Winner of a record-setting ten Emmys for Outstanding Daytime Drama, the program celebrated 47 years of broadcasting on April 1, 2010, and is the longest-running dramatic serial on ABC, having aired over 12,000 episodes. "General Hospital" consistently rates as one of the top-rated Daytime programs in the key demographic of Women 18-49.

"General Hospital" was created by Frank and Doris Hursley. Jill Farren Phelps is the executive producer. Mary O'Leary, Mercer Barrows and Michelle Henry are producers. Bob Guza is the head writer.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Larry from Three's Company may have some appeal but as long as Guza and Frons are around, Jason will always be the favorite. They just have to try to figure out ways to shoehorn him in, since his character is worthless these days and Burton barely bothers to speak his lines.

• Members

Totally not interested in seeing that skeezy joke back on GH. Unless they are bringing him back to have a hot and sexy secret romance with Jason, count me out of the 'SO EXCITED THAT FRANCO IS BACK!!' crowd. And was this what SID was talking about on Twitter yesterday, when they said to expect a big GH announcement?!? :rolleyes:

• Members
Okay y'all. <_<

That term aside, I hope we're treated to more awesome directing and more use of colors and stuff.

The story, itself, sucked ass. Just give us a moustache-twirling villain instead of this psycho-analysis, homoerotic bullsh!t.

Franco's warehouse was such a large, awesome set and I'm sad we didn't get to see something just really blow up. GH may have their winning Emmy Reel with this material. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived