Victoria Rowell's Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva

• Members

I started this topic, because I didn't see one about it already. So has anyone read the book or currently reading it? I didn't plan on actually buying it or reading at first myself, but i saw it in Wal-Mart yesterday so I picked it up! I must say that's it's pretty good so far. I'm only about 100 pages in and I'm enjoying what I'm reading so far. It's fun trying to figure out the real life counterparts to the fictional characters. All I can say so far is that Michelle Stafford, Melody Thomas Scott, and her husband, Ed Scott are probably seething if they're reading the book, which I doubt they are anyways. They aren't the only ones she's throwing digs at though. Ms. Rowell clearly had a bone to pick with a lot of her former castmates. There are also a lot of innuendos tossed around, which have me dying to know if they're real or just plot points to make the book better. So please post your thoughts about what you thought/think of the book if you've read it or state if you plan on reading it at all. I for one can't wait to see how the story unfolds..

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When Vicky took her fingers and diva flared her eyelashes, OMG, the thyroid bug eyed gape Wendy gave to the camera... :lol::lol: ! It was a fun interview, and she pulled out all the diva stops like walking out whipping that boa and then just tossing it on the floor. "Vicky, if you toss that hair one more time..." :P

• Members

Even Wendy couldnt handle her which tells you she's too crazy for her. I thought WTH when she flared her eyelashes. That hat and the boa she came out with was just too ver the top. She looked great as did her hair, but the pink needed to go. Look like a bottle of pepto bismal exploted on her!

• Members

I can't wait to read the book. The real fun is going to be guessing which Y&R cast/crew members are the fictional characters. We can rule out Eric Braeden being badmouthed in the book, as Victoria Rowell has said nothing but nice things about him in interviews and the same goes the other way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I've read the book and it's really good. Victoria Rowell dedicated the book to Bill Bell. I'm pretty sure some of the characters in the book are current and former Y&R cast/crew members in disguise and there are also allusions to past soap scandals that have been discussed here. I won't say who or what I think they are so as not to give anything away.

• Members

I can see the first sentence(s) already:

As Phylicia Somers, the husband-stealing vixen everyone loved to hate on the number-one daytime soap opera, THE RESTLESS ONES, Marcelle Stanford considered herself daytime royalty. To all her colleagues on the set, however, that poor thing was a legend only in her own mind.

Archived