Victoria Rowell's Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drat (I missed the snark, sorry Khan)... that does seem like a great opener. I have to say that I don't think I've ever read a soaper's book, or bought a CD (except I do like a lot of Ronn Moss' work). Rowell has written other books, so I can imagine that this one is well written.

• Members

After downloading her music video "Stink of Blood with a Pinesol Chasah" and watching some of her videos promoting the book and her alter ego Calysta Jeffries, I had to order the book. I've since received it, but I haven't cracked it open yet. This dissusion thread might be just the motivation I need to kick me out of my laziness and start up on my summer reading. LOL!

• Members

BWAHAHAHA!!!!

What up!

Yeah, I pop up every now and then like a bad penny!

I sometimes post on B&B threads. I still keep up with that show. Of course, I saw Vicky's name and had to take a look-see.

• Members

Let's see, I've just read the first 60 pages and I think she's already took some digs at Melody Thomas Scott, Ed Scott, "Valley Girl"/"Tragic Mulatto" (... my valley girl daughter who wanted the world to know she was a quarter Persian, a quarter Sicilian, a quarter Creole, one-sixteenth Osage Indian, and the rest she didn't want to talk about, including being bulimic ...), Kristoff St. John, Michelle Stafford, etc, amongst some other behind-the-scenes people. And those are just the people she took digs at. I think there's also a character that might be Sharon Case, and of course there's Bill Bell, and so on.

Of course, I could just being reading what I want to with all this. LOL! But it is PURE TRASHY FUN!!!!

• Members

Yup, I picked up on all those people too... I actually read the first 50-60 pages in a bookstore (gotta admit--- I couldn't put it down! the inside between-the-line digs are fun to uncover)... didn't buy it, but will read the rest another day :P

From what I witnessed, she and Sharon Case were on really good terms with each other. Didn't read anything that sounded like her to me, but I may have overlooked it.

• 4 months later...

Archived