DAYS: May & June Promo!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

maggie is at the wedding =]

i dont care about ari/brady/nicole and wish all would die.

anna/calliope looks amazing. like the rafe twist.

ejami was damn hot, but they always are. james/ali just have it.

the returns shot was great.

lol at victors wives club.

• Members

LOL! That promo was horribly produced, and this announcer should not be doing DAYS promos. I about spit out the water I was drinking when that cheesy-ass 80's primetime soap opera background music kicked in when it got around to the Alice Horton tribute part...

Meh, not really interested in most of what's going on right now. I've been finding the show boring as hell whenever I tune in. I'll be sure to watch the Alice tribute stuff, though.

• Members

Alice's tribute and The Many Wives of Victor Kiriakis Club look awesome!

Everything else, not so much.

I love the IDEA of Hope being so pissed at Bo and men in general that she goes off on some dark crusade against the powerful men of Salem that ultimately leads to a meaningful confrontation with Bo. Sadly, the execution has been far from promising so far and I fear that this is just a re-hash of Princess Gina or worse, an outright return of her and that there is no self-awareness on Hope's part nor will this lead to any kind of personal revelation about her own self-image or pain over how her life has turned out.

Carly lecturing Chloe about her infidelity, presumably because honesty is so important to her (but only when it doesn't involve her own secrets)? Really show? Really? Way to make me keep hating that arrogant, hypocritical bitch. She's not even a fun enjoyable bitch like Kate or CC's Olivia Spencer from GL. She's just a whiny, needy, and passive-aggressive damsel-in-distress who sits in judgment of everyone else despite her own destructive secrets. I was never a really a fan but I don't remember Carly ever being this pathetic or unlikable in her previous incarnation.

Eh, I guess they've been teasing EJ/Sami for so long they might as well just get it over with so they can implode and we can all move on.

Calliope helping Rafe set up Anna? Once again, really show? Really?

• Members

LMFAO I LOVE Victor's ex-wives club...and I love that Maggie is there!

I dont like Calliope seemingly betraying Anna (althought they both look great- glad to see Calliope still has the same taste in clothes LOL)- I hope its ends up playing out differently onscreen and that she's the one who lands Rafe in jail. I wonder how they'll explain Eugene not being down there with Calliope?

Shut up Carly and Melanie and bring on Chloe and Philip and Nicole vs Arianna.

Eh on Hope.

June is going to be SO sad.

• Members

That is the funniest [!@#$%^&*] I have seen in a while. It's like a parody of Days and soaps and soap acting. I have no idea what Hope is into but her close-up made me choke on laughter. Also, who did they let take over the promo editing? Some freshman year kid? Talk about your dead air.

• Members

John Callahan looks less bloated. Still not what he was but the last time I saw him on DAYS he looked like Elvis near the final days.

I haven't seen Arleen Sorkin on anything in years, I didn't remember her talking like a Soprano.

The Hope stuff looks REALLY bad, especially when she is hitting people over the head. It looks like some sort of rehearsal footage. I think that's the only part of the promo that really drags it down. The rest is OK, for what it is.

I don't understand why they put John Martin in the promo and specified "your favorite characters," as no one will know who he's playing.

• Members

Looks like Carrie is at the DiMera mansion in her clip...wonder why?

Also, it's nice that they're bringing back the Horton living room and kitchen sets for Alice's memorial. It wouldn't be the same if they just had it at Hope's place or the Brady Pub.

• Members

Yeah, this looks pretty blah. Outside of that Victor scene, this commercial is just too much and themeless. They should have embraced the absurdity of the Hope story and created a whole commercial about it brimming with OTT drama, but instead they threw all this other stuff in--stuff that is supremely uninteresting. Sami and EJ, Nicole and Brady? No story there, just pairings discussing the state of their pairdom.

• Members

Enjoy the promo except for two things:

1) Couldn't they have used Frances Reid's name and not just the character she played? It would've been a nice touch.

2) Hope. Really? I feel like we're watching the prelude to Marlena and the Island again....

Archived