Best & Worst 1989 (SOD)

• Members

I didn't think of that. I guess that would make sense and Billy would be a surprise. I'm glad they went with Billy, especially because I loved Billy and Reva's relationship so much.

A lot of the stuff from 1987 and 1988 is odd. I still don't quite get the whole Jonny Bauer miracle cancer cure. And then there's Will Jeffries, which is a bit un-GL.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought they put some of the Daisy Awards into the primetime Emmys. I just remember Michael Logan or someone saying that the Daisys were better than that year's Emmys.

Mari Lyn Dennison's stalker, Neil, tried to kill Bo and Sarah, and did kill some people, like Lolly the gossip columnist. It's all a bit cheesy but what I've seen of it on Youtube is great entertainment. And it has a young Chris Noth!

I loved Megan, I wish there were characters like that on OLTL now. That character probably should have never had a chance, with the Eterna stuff and the insta-feud with Viki, but she was wonderful.

• Members

You can see a lot of this on Youtube, not all, but a lot of it.

This is the first of 20 parts (the clips are about 4-5 minutes each) of the Faux Bo story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-XE0tpxhS4

This just has Didi's electrocution and death.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NicholasSpears

This is when Faux Bo kidnaps Didi and subdues Tina.

Later on, Bo and Elizabeth Sanders try to get Asa to show her leniency.

At this channel, just search for Fraternity, or Neil, Mari Lyn, Lolly, Audrey, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VickRobCal

• Members

Re the stuff with Lois Kibbee, there was a great scene where Elizabeth, her plot all blown to hell, decides she's going to shoot herself. Asa, her nemesis and the man whose family she had held hostage, is standing there basically goading her to do it. He gets her so riled up she decides not to commit suicide and realizes that was Asa's intent all along. Two masters at work.

• Members

I think so, although considering and comparing to the damages done to Kirk nearly a decade later, the character was not ruined at all.

Eh, really? Podewell was okay, but Cally did nothing for JR. It should have been JR and April and maybe put Cally with Bobby, not the other way around. If anything this should have gone to Kimberly Foster, although it wasn't until the final season she really shined as the rejuvenated bitchy Michelle.

I remember watching the SoapNet rerun...two minutes in I think I fell asleep. Pretty much a precursor to GL's Wednesdays...

• Members

I've been watching numerous soaps for over 40 years (since I was born) and the Adam/Brooke/Dixie/Tad story is my all-time favorite. I loved it so much I saved almost every scene and it was everything I want a soap story to be.

I have a very high tolerance for boredom and even I found them pretty boring. David and the actor who played him were too bland and they were both kind of goody goodies … and AMC had so many other great couples at the time that they kind of paled in comparision.

Cliff and Nina were my favorite couple in the 1980's but by the time the writers rushed their reconciliation and they got re-married in 1989 it was very anti-climatic as there was not much to it. It was nice that they got to leave town together and live happily ever after but there was so much more exciting and intriguing stories going on at the time on AMC that their reconciliation seemed quite ho-hum and I don't even really remember it.

• Members

LOL, well i know one or two male characters that would totally fit this category every year, if they still do it. Ever here of a Sonny Corrinthos, or a Jason Morgan?.... :rolleyes: (but would they actually be considered heroes?...)

Archived