Best & Worst 1989 (SOD)

• Members

Its been a while since someone did something like this, so i just decided to post this! this is from the January 9, 1990 issue of SOD.

Most Shocking Twist(Daytime)-Billy is Dylan's Father (Jordan Clarke/Morgan Englund)- GL

Most Shocking Twist(Primetime)-Greg Marries Abby (William Devane/Donna Mills/Tonya Crowe/Brian Green)- KL

Best Wedding-Josh and Reva Lewis (Kim Zimmer/Robert Newman)- GL

Best Breakup-Vicky and Jamie Frame (Anne Heche/Laurence Lau)- AW

Best Reconciliation-Phillip Spaulding and Rick Bauer ( Michael O' Leary/Grant Alexsander)- GL

Worst Reconciliation-Cliff and Nina Warner (Peter Bergman/Taylor Miller)- AMC

Best Casting(Daytime)-Susan Marie Snyder- ATWT

Best Casting(Primetime)-Cathy Podewell-Dallas

Best Opening Credits-Generations

Worst Opening Credits-Loving

Most Intriguing Couple-Roger Thorpe and Holly Lindsey ( Maureen Garrett/Michael Zaslow)- GL

Most Boring Couple-David Rampal and Melanie Cortlandt ( Trent Bushey/Paige Turco)- AMC

Best Death Scene-James Stenback(Anthony Herrera)-ATWT

Worst Death Scene-Hugh Gardner (Jack Betts)-Generations

Best Love Story-Katharine Delafield and Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers/Edie Lehmann)- GH

Most Tortured Love Story-Trisha Hartman and Trucker McKenzie (Noelle Beck/Robert Tyler)-Loving

Best Enemies(Daytime)-Jill Abbott and Nina Chancellor :D (Jess Walton/Tricia Cast)-Y&R

Best Enemies(Primetime)-Sable and Alexis Colby ( Joan Collins/Stephanie Beacham)- Dynasty

Best New Character-Sally Spectra (Darlene Conley RIP :( ) B&B

Most Ruined Character-Kirk Anderson (Tom Wiggin)- ATWT

Best Amnesiac-Felicia Jones (Kristina Malandro)- GH

Best Imposters-Alex Masters/Angela Forrester (Randy Mantooth/Judith Borne) Loving/B&B (TIE)

Most Creative Storyline-The Daisy Awards- OLTL

Biggest Letdown-Valentine's Day Special- AW

Best Mystery-George Rawlin's Murder- Y&R

Worst Action Sequences-AMC

Best Re-casting-Anjelica Curtis (Judith Chapman)- Days

Best Comeback-Tracy Quartermaine ( Jane Elliot)- GH

Best Love Triangle-Robert/Eden/Cruz (A Martinez/Marcy Walker/Roscoe Born)- SB

Worst Love Triangle-Ethan/Laura/Michael (Christopher Norris/Frank Runyeon/Leigh McCloskey)- SB

Best Fantasy-Mason Goes to Heaven- SB

Best Tease- Leanna Randolph (Barbara Crampton)- Y&R

Biggest Waste of Talent (Daytime)-Sharon Gabet- OLTL

Biggest Waste of Talent(Primetime)-Ana-Alicia- FC

Best Bickering-John and Lucinda Dixon (Elizabeth Hubbard/Larry Bryggman)- ATWT

Most Entertaining Couple-Ruby Bright and Marco Dane (Jesscia Tuck/ Gerald Anthony)- OLTL

Gimme A Break-The Virgin Katherine/Roger Thorpe's Mask/The De-Patching and Re-Patching of Steve Johnson- GH/GL/Days (THREE WAT TIE)

Most Entertaining Rogue-Jack Deveraux (Matthew Ashford)- Days

Most Over-Exposed Heroine (Can't wait to see everyones agreement! :D) Cricket Blair (Lauralee Bell)- Y&R

Most Improved Show-GL

Most Intriguing Story-Adam Chandler,Brooke English, and Dixie Cooney- AMC

Most Ruined Show- FC

Best Show (Primetime)-KL

Most Disappointing Show-OLTL

Best Show-AMC

If anyone already posted a best and worst of this year, i apologize! I'm still new two these boards and still don't know what and what has not been posted.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Long story short, Adam and Brooke were married, Dixie was hired as a maid... revealed Brooke can't concieve, Adam seduces Dixie... she gets pregnant.... and then Adam gaslights her to gain custody of the child. That child is JR.

• Members

This was when they were all at their most interesting. The best was when Adam had the stroke and Palmer found the body and instead of calling a doctor he laughed in his face and taunted him.

The Daisy Awards was fun.

But it was so obvious compared to the other girl Jessica Tuck was lacking in musical talent.

• Members

:o

me = feeling OLD

Adam was a real bastardo back then, he totally tried to eff with Dixie's mind. I think we have an ep on tape that's survived all these years, where Adam put a baby doll in the bath tub like it had "drowned" and had convinced Dixie it was Little Adam (J.R.).

• Members

Alexis and Sable were delicious indeed, and I can tell from the smattering of YouTube clips that they were spot on re: Sharon Gabet's talent being wasted on OLTL.

Wow, wrapping my brain around the fact that B&B was still in its infancy so to speak.

• Members

WOW, thanks for telling me. That doesn't sound very intriguing to me, but maybe it translated onto screen differently...LOL. Was it intriguing to you (and to anyone else here :))?. And now I understand how JR was conceived and brought into AMC. I always wondered about that

LOL! Well I can totally see that, hahaa.

:P

Omg Adam really did that? I am not surprised, but dang lol. I wish I could see those eps, I would just die! Poor Dixie

• Members

There are some clips of this storyline on the http://tadndixie.com website here: http://tadndixie.com/favorite4.htm

Yes, at first Adam made up things to make Dixie think she was forgetting things (Such as dinner plans and such), making her think she dropped her own child in the bathtub, literally driving her crazy (or at least thinking she is) to the point where she has to committed to an insane asylum. All so Adam could get custody of Junior and ultimately, Palmer's money (the reason he cheated on Brooke with Dixie in the first place, you see as he knew she was Palmer's Niece.) Tad ends up having to break her out of the asylum. Unbeknownst to the Adam, while he was busy being focused on Dixie and Junior, Palmer was planning payback for Adam being mean to Dixie by ultimately stealing everything Adam had.

• Members

That's interesting about Katharine and Robert on GH -- I used to hear people talk about how dull they were and that Katharine was insufferable.

Was Billy being Dylan's father that big of a surprise?

Really? This must have been a good year for soaps if this was the most ruined character. Was this based on his lies about having a wife and kids?

Again, it must have been a good year. I didn't think this was that bad.

• Members

Megan was an actress on a soap opera, Bo was the producer. I think there was a murder mystery eventually on the show. Anyway, the daytime emmys were coming around so OLTL did their version called The Daisys. I think it might even have aired opposite the emmys at the same time. I could swear I was switching channels back and forth.

But anyway, this was a fun period for OLTL and the writing was goofy but better. They gave Bo and Megan this new career and rather than just have it exist to be seen once a week or month, they went right in and did a whodunit. Today Blair owns a nightclub or something (at least whenever I turn it on she is singing) but is there any dramatic reason she does?

About David and Lainey from AMC, I liked them anyway. She was very sweet, he was incredibly handsome, I think Palmer or someone wanted to keep them apart...but it wasn't all that exciting. I think it was just a case of "been there, done that" with them.

• Members

Not surprised GL got most improved for 1989, some of the stuff I've seen from 1987 and 1988 is really "odd" to say the least, not as in telling scifi storylines odd, but you could tell the show didn't exactly have a direction during those years. If the show did have a direction, it was solely based on filling the canvas with newbies. The one bright spot was the Sonni/Josh/Reva story.

Carl, I'm guessing fans at the time were leaning towards to Josh being Dylan's father?

• Members

Poor Dixie?! I will never understand the sympathy and love thrown that woman's way. She betrayed Brooke who befriended her by sleeping with Adam. Yet everyone went on and on about poor innocent Dixie who was seduced by Adam and never called her out her behavior. Dixie deserved everything that Adam did her and more.

Archived