GH: Show in talks for actress to return

• Members

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

GH In Talks With Vanessa Marcil

This time, it's for real: "Brenda-watch" is underway again at GH. "I just spoke to her today," Head Writer Robert Guza, Jr. tells Digest. "We are talking to Vanessa Marcil [ex-Brenda] as we speak. That is the truth. I cannot go any further right now. She's interested. We're interested, but I will say if Vanessa wanted to come back, even for one day, we'd make it work ... We'll have to talk again in the coming weeks."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This almost makes me feel sorry for GuzaTheHack. He gets all excited and [!@#$%^&*] about his Vanessa returning to the show. We're this close to working out a deal! Last time he said that, VM booked The Bannen Way. And before that, he gave an interview about how having a Cooper Barrett on the show could make way for Brenda. No sooner had that issue of SOD gone to print when Marcil was announced as getting a recurring role on Cashmere Mafia or Lipstick Jungle or whichever one of those SATC knock-offs it was.

I love Vanessa but she is so playing him, lol.

• Members

At this point I don't even think it would make a difference for ratings, and since both Sonny/Brenda and Jax/Brenda were badly gutted, there's nothing left with them. Why do I think if she comes back it will be for more bullsh!t with Jason?

• Members

Gawd, I can't begin to think what horrid story Guza would come up with for Brenda if VM returned. She would be in a quad with Jason, Sonny, and Jax fighting over her or something worse. Her last stint was an absolute disaster. The only way Guza can ever be decent again is if Wendy Riche returned and put her spiked high heel at his throat.

Archived