Soap women with magically healing uteruses

• Members

So, we still have these stories on soaps where women are supposed to be unable to carry children, then, whether through a sudden surgical procedure, or miracle sperm, they get pregnant.

Who was the first soap woman this happened to? Was it Pat Matthews on AW? I know she was supposed to be barren after her botched abortion in 1964, but by the end of the decade she was about to have twins with John Randolph.

How many women has this happened to exactly? I remember Maria on AMC having a miracle pregnancy with Dimitri in spite of years of story detailing the damage she did to herself with a forced abortion. And Bridget on B&B recently. I guess there's Ashley on Y&R, although some might say her miscarriage is proof she was still damaged.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carl you think of Ashley but you left out Sharon?!!? Though I don't recall Phyllis ever being barren at any point. I do remember she was suppose to have a C-section with Summer yet Summer was born without any complications even if she was coming out the wrong way.

• Members

I had forgotten Sharon had problems. I know she struggled with Noah and then she had the miscarriage of Nick's baby after she tripped over a stool he threw in her path but I couldn't remember if they'd told her she couldn't conceive again.

Didn't Phyllis do a lot of risky stuff to try to have kids when she was married to Jack? I think she almost died at one point.

• Members

OLTL's Kelly. She was obsessed with having a kid in 2003 but had fertility problems which made it near impossible for her to conceive. 2 months later, she's pregnant wtih an 8 month old fetus just in time for a baby switch story with AMC.

• Members

Phyllis had an ectopic pregnancy and I think one of her fallopian tubes burst. Then when she tried to have IVF she had an adverse reaction to all the hormones. That's why there was some concern when she was pregnant with Summer.

• Members

Y&R,

Sharon after losing the baby.

Phyllis. She and Jack lost their baby. She was onlly 4 months and thought Summer was a miracle.

I was very young but didn't Jill and Drucilla or Olivia have problems?

B&B

Bridgette.

And didn't Taylor have problems after Thomas? Then miracle! She was pregnant with twins.

Dynasty

Crystal Carrington

OLTL

Kelly? I thought she couldn't have children.

Marcy Mcbain

• Members

Olivia got cancer when she was pregnant and was told carrying to full term might kill her. I can't remember if she also couldn't have more kids.

Dru chose not to abort Lily because she was told that she had some issue which meant she might not be able to ever carry a child again.

• Members

no its not that. Its just that it seems rather pointless to fabricate plot twists which never happened considering it will never materialize. I mean I loved Port Charles and hated that the majority of the twon turned into vampires, but thats what happened. I can make up stories in my head all I want but it doesnt change what was actually written. But to each his own

Archived