FX: Justified

Ann_SS

• Members

Anyone else watching Justified? I'm a big fan. I like the humor, stories, and characters. Timothy Oliphant is wonderful. Ben from American Gothic is Raylan's boss. He is a great character actor. Walton Goggins who played Shane on The Shield pops in every now again. The female African American actress playing the deputy Marshall is gorgeous. The actress who used to be on Passions and Dirty, Sexy Money has a minor role as well.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this show too. This role kind of reminds me of Seth Bullock, another role that suited TO to a T. Raylan has a better sense of humor though. I have to laugh every time he starts off with "Now, let me explain the situation to you".

I like Raylan/Rachel's working relationship. It seems like she kind of admires the way he does the job, but she isn't going to fall at his feet the way other people do. I wish she had been in more than the first scene of the last show.

Plus, I always give a few extra points to any show that isn't set in NY or LA. And while this show may technically be a police drama, at least they've put a different spin on it, instead of the same old murder of the week.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Last night was one of my favorite Justified episodes. So many wonderful intense and funnymoments; Rachel kicking that guy in the nuts because he touched her. Tim coming up on the Memphis mob from behind. Art and Raylan working together. Art trying to give Raylan advice on fatherhood, only for Raylan to respond that he has a father and Art to snipe back, I've met him. Hilarious. Quarles killing the drug dealer with a sword. Errol turning on Limehouse and teaming up with Dickey. Limehouse and Quarles almost drawing on each other. Boyd doing his best to get info out of the nutty dog loving neighbor, taking on Napier, and then tazing Quarles. Wynn turning on Quarles. Boyd is going to regret not taking Wynn's advice about killing Quarles. Next week is going to be even crazier if the preview is to be believed; mayhem and murder in Harlan.

Neal McDonough has been absolutely outstanding as the crazy ass Quarles. I had no idea that he was so talented. I hope he at least gets an Emmy nomination.

Justified is one of the best shows on tv. It has amazingly talented cast and the storytelling, witty dialogue, and dark humor is the so well done. I don't understand why more people don't watch it.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Justified has the best writers on tv. The dialogue is amazingly witty and entertaining with an amazingly talented cast. This season has been good so far. Art's retirement is giving us lots of good material. I had to shake my head as he described his Marshalls. He knows all their demons very well. He also knows that Raylan has been moonlighting as a bounty hunter on the side. The set up for this season's mystery has been stellar. Arlo killing the Dixie mafia guy was crazy. That old man is scary and violent. Boyd's criminal empire under seige is so entertaining. I like his new henchman. The only thing that I do not like is Boyd hiding money from Ava. That will likely split them up. I cannot see her forgiving him when she finds out. I loved Wynn Duffy rejecting Boyd's partnership offer by killing his dealer. That hill billy family in the last episode was hilarious. I love that there are a bunch of unapologetically vicious men and women on this show and that someone gets killed or show or beaten in every episode.

• Members

I loved most of the things you mentioned. I loved Arlo's reaction to the Dixie mafia guy--totally surprising. The Wynn Duffy scene was awesome because Boyd just knew he was going to get his way and didn't. I can see potential friction between Boyd and Ava with the brother/sister infringing on their business.

Waldo's family reminded me of Mags. I loved how irreverant they all were and their adamance about not losing that check. I'm glad they didn't wait another episode to reveal that fighter was the husband of Raylan's new gf.

• Members

I am not fond of Raylan's new girl or her street fighter husband story. I prefer Raylan's personal stories be directly tied to his demons; Arlo and Boyd who are the ones that he cannot hide his soul from.

I forgot to mention that I feel bad for Shelby. Boyd will never stop getting his pound of flesh for saving Shelby's life and getting him back into office. Maybe Raylan will be able to help Shelby get Boyd's claws out of him, but doubtful.

• Members

I don't mind the new gf but I'd prefer her to be low key. If she's going to be full of Winona type drama then be done with her quickly. I am not keen on the introduction of a husband and even worse, as an antagonist.

I hope the brother/sister pair turn out to be good foes for Boyd.

• Members

Another good episode. Raylan really does know how to pick them. Lindsay and her husband will rue the day they cross paths with Raylan. Ah, Boyd. He plays hard game and plays for keeps. The poor young preacher was out of his depth and paid the price. I think that Boyd regretted what happened. He better keep an eye on Johnny.

Michael Graziadei was pretty good playing the menacing sociopath.

Archived