AMC: Erica's New Love Interest Cast

• Members

Link Here

13461soaps_lg_michael_nouri.jpg

La Lucci lucks out! That casting call to find a hot new man for All My Children’s Erica Kane has ended in spectacular fashion: ABC gave the job to Michael Nouri. The show biz vet hits the air May 24 as rugged mountaineer Caleb McGraw. Alas, Caleb and Erica won’t meet cute—a sabotaged plane carrying the Pine Valley diva will plow into his wilderness home and completely destroy it.

Nouri co-starred in the Sandra Bullock smash The Proposal and in recent years has done a slew of recurring roles in primetime hits, including Damages, NCIS, Brothers & Sisters, Army Wives and The O.C. And he’s no stranger to daytime soaps—Nouri got an early career break on Search for Tomorrow and appeared on The Young and the Restless five years ago. This is a contract role, so look for reclusive Caleb and high-maintenance Erica to get very serious—that is, after he stops being pissed off at her for ruining his life. By the way, my spies on the set tell me this casting has Susan Lucci over the moon! Look for an interview with Nouri in an upcoming issue of TV Guide Magazine.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Michael Nouri! What a casting coup! All these talented actors not getting work as they get older are a boon for Daytime. Hopefully, ABC doesn't fire him and recast him with some washed up Daytime star like Y&R did with William Russ.

• Members

Robin Strasser is going to be soooo jealous. :P She wanted him for a Dorian love interest.

Well I hope this turns out well. Jack Scalia, John James, Mario Van Peebles, those were all kinda duds.

I'm always happy to see her with someone other than Jack.

• Members

Who is sabotaging Erica's private jet? I mean, I'm assuming as Erica mf'ing Kane probably doesn't fly commercial too often. Uhhh, I hope not Greenlee as that's pretty unforgivable. :P

I guess we'll be treated to another one of those CGI extravaganzas.

• Members

I remember when Nouri was rumored to be up for the role of the not-so-dead Manuel Santi on OLTL in 2004, who was going to romance Viki somehow. Didn't happen. He is a great actor, though. From Damages to THIS? Ugh.

• Members

Yes. Nouri played musician Steve Kaszlo, who did indeed die of leukemia. IIRC, Steve was Liza's big love before she met Travis.

On the one hand, I'm glad they found someone with real acting chops to play the spoiler in Jack and Erica's road to reconciliation. (Yeah, Jerica are the endgame, unfortunately; might as well accept it.) OTOH, though, "Caleb McGraw?" Seriously? After Tucker McCall on Y&R?

Archived